Home

NCAA 06 Spring Training feature -- My experience at E3

This is a discussion on NCAA 06 Spring Training feature -- My experience at E3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

OVR: 2
Cool NCAA 06 Spring Training feature -- My experience at E3

When I was playing NCAA 06 at E3, I was scrolling through the menus and saw something called "Spring Training" or "Spring Practice" or something like that. So at first thought I was like "So this is the NCAA version of Madden's Mini-Camp feature ha?" So I tried it out and in some ways....it is. But like when Mini-Camp first came out with Madden 2003 you couldn't pick which team you wanted with certain drills. Each drill had a default player/team to play with. ALSO you couldn't do Mini-Camp in the Franchise mode which sucked. It wasn't til Madden 2004 where you can pick your players/teams in the Mini-Camp feature and that Mini-Camp was added to the Franchise mode.

Well at first when I saw this feature at E3 I was excited, but I put two and two together and it isn't going to be like the Madden 2004/Madden 2005 Mini-Camp feature, but more like the Madden 2003 version. At E3 I even went to the Dynasty mode and went through it and I didn't see ANYTHING of a Spring Training feature. So I guess its safe to say that it will be like the 2003 version of Madden's Mini-Camp.

Other then that, anyone excited about this feature?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2005, 12:34 PM   #2
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NCAA 06 Spring Training feature -- My experience at E3

um sounds like a fun mini game to play around with...

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
um sounds like a fun mini game to play around with...
Yeah, but it would have been even better if it was implemented into the Dynasty mode.

....Sometimes I just don't understand EA and their motives....
Old 06-05-2005, 01:03 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrell-PMC
Yeah, but it would have been even better if it was implemented into the Dynasty mode.

We will never understand...never...never ever...
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Old 06-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #5
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrell-PMC

More than likely has nothing to do with EA and their motives, they are probably introducing it to the series and want to see the reaction before they make it a big part of the dynasty mode.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2005, 01:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
More than likely has nothing to do with EA and their motives, they are probably introducing it to the series and want to see the reaction before they make it a big part of the dynasty mode.
They want to see the reaction before they make it a big part of the dynasty mode!?!?!? Sorry man, that doesn't make any sense.

Why would they need to test it out when it was already done in Madden?

I mean the fanbase of Madden is the same as NCAA and the fanbase of NCAA is the same as Madden. What happens to one effects the other. Why would people LOVE the idea of Mini-Camp in the Madden Franchise but HATE the idea of Spring Training (which is exactly the same as Madden Mini-Camp) in the NCAA Dynasty? They both are the same and they both serve the same purpose. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Just admit it, its a really stupid and dumb move by EA and its a waste of time. Besides, a Mini-Camp type option/feature was something that fans have been raving since Madden 2003. I mean I remember when it was first introduced in Madden 2003, I remember a whole bunch of people say that they wish that NCAA had this feature to.

#1 Its already in high demand

#2 Its basically been tested out in Madden which is the more superior game....why wouldn't it work with NCAA? And why would fans complain?

Illogical move by EA.....illogical....
Old 06-05-2005, 01:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

maybe its in the offseason thing with recruiting budget and all...i cudda sworn i heard soemwhere that it was in dynasty
Old 06-05-2005, 01:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joer625
maybe its in the offseason thing with recruiting budget and all...i cudda sworn i heard soemwhere that it was in dynasty
I pray that you're right....

....I knew that at E3 I should have went ALL the way through the dynasty mode. The only thing I did was just look through the new Magazine thingy, I think its called "Sports Weekly" or something like that. Maybe if I simulated through the season, maybe I would have seen it. I was just thinking/expecting it to be at the very beginning before you do your season, like how it is in Madden. You do Mini-Camp, then PreSeason, then Season.

If you're right, then I'm going to be a very happy man and I'm going to be anticipating NCAA 06 even more because this new Run for the Heisman thingy isn't enough for me, I think it sounds stupid. And the addition of a Mini-Camp feature in NCAA 06 would just rock my world right there.

Oh well, only time will tell....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »