Home

looks like the same game to me

This is a discussion on looks like the same game to me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: looks like the same game to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan
"is that really a bad thing?

just fix the speed cheat, xbox slowdown, CPU pass completion %, and the dropped passes and youve got A HELLLLLLUVA game..... we're basically back to ncaa 2004.5, but im still gonna log over 200 hours."

This is worth 50 bones to u? Fix some glitches that shouldnt be there anyway and then ask the customer to shell out 50 dollars...this is what makes EA owning the liscencing (well any compnay) so scary. Guys like this who will drop 50 on the same game year after year.
Yup, it is enough for me.

That's what MVP did this year, and it's probably the best baseball game I've ever played.

I wish companies would focus more on fixing issues that were in the game in previous years, as opposed to just adding a bunch of features every year, a lot of them that are just fluff.

Then maybe we won't have to ask for EA to fix the running game every year, fix the DB AI every year, stop people from dropping back 30 yards before passing every year, etc.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan
"is that really a bad thing?

just fix the speed cheat, xbox slowdown, CPU pass completion %, and the dropped passes and youve got A HELLLLLLUVA game..... we're basically back to ncaa 2004.5, but im still gonna log over 200 hours."

This is worth 50 bones to u? Fix some glitches that shouldnt be there anyway and then ask the customer to shell out 50 dollars...this is what makes EA owning the liscencing (well any compnay) so scary. Guys like this who will drop 50 on the same game year after year.
its worth it to me because if the game is solid Gameplay wise, i'll get atleast 100 hours out of it. thats the bottonline for me..
Old 06-08-2005, 06:23 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
i watched a few video and the game is the same. What gives
Graphics make you look twice. Gameplay makes you keep playing. Its all about gameplay.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-09-2005, 12:05 AM   #20
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
If the running game is really as good as it looks, that'll make the game 100x's better in my book.
That's what I've noticed, too. Piss on EA for using the same graphics engine year after year and making no truly substantial visual improvements in player models or uniform options (no new facemasks, even?!).

BUT...

...the blocking AI seems to have taken a quantum leap. OL block effectively and intelligently, FB's pick up blitzers/penetrating DL, there's slide protection on passes, C's fire out to find LB's--all this and much more seems to be present in this year's iteration.

I think the consensus is probably that EA NEVER does enough in the graphics department with the time they're given. Hopefully that will change in the years to come. Regardless, this year's gameplay seems rock solid, especially the blocking AI.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:41 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I don't see why anyone would be shocked the game does not look radically different as this game, and most other games from EA or any publisher, will not be radically upgraded in visuals until they hit the next-gen systems this late in the dev cycle of the PS2 and Xbox.

The question is how it plays and are the new gameplay features added worthwhile to you? From what I've seen of the videos it looks like a vast improvement and well worth the $100 I plan to spend on buying both the Xbox and PS2 versions. It looks like EA has done it again and created another football game that's like crack on a CD. I'll be up playing all night on July 11th!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2005, 10:03 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't see why anyone would be shocked the game does not look radically different as this game, and most other games from EA or any publisher, will not be radically upgraded in visuals until they hit the next-gen systems this late in the dev cycle of the PS2 and Xbox.

The question is how it plays and are the new gameplay features added worthwhile to you? From what I've seen of the videos it looks like a vast improvement and well worth the $100 I plan to spend on buying both the Xbox and PS2 versions. It looks like EA has done it again and created another football game that's like crack on a CD. I'll be up playing all night on July 11th!
Its really very simple. Some of us want to experience the same thing that followers of Auto Racing Games, War Games, Street Racing games, etc. get to experience. These are games that are actually based on a tangible entity. The top auto racing, street racing, and war games are made with the connoisseur in mind. The developers try to make the game as authentic looking as possible. Why? Because they realize there are actually folks out there who can tell the difference between a windpipe and a tailpipe. Can tell the difference between an AK-47 and WD-40. There are some that swear by the gameplay of the NCAA series. I can admit I have been a fan of the series as well. That being said, I decided to leave the series alone last year because the football "connoisseur" in me realized I was being shortchanged. I have grown to accept that there are things I just have to accept that come with (or not) with an EA sports game. What I will not accept any longer is the lack of attention paid to authenticating the look when examples abound of games that play AND look great.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:22 AM   #23
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
Its really very simple. Some of us want to experience the same thing that followers of Auto Racing Games, War Games, Street Racing games, etc. get to experience. These are games that are actually based on a tangible entity. The top auto racing, street racing, and war games are made with the connoisseur in mind. The developers try to make the game as authentic looking as possible. Why? Because they realize there are actually folks out there who can tell the difference between a windpipe and a tailpipe. Can tell the difference between an AK-47 and WD-40. There are some that swear by the gameplay of the NCAA series. I can admit I have been a fan of the series as well. That being said, I decided to leave the series alone last year because the football "connoisseur" in me realized I was being shortchanged. I have grown to accept that there are things I just have to accept that come with (or not) with an EA sports game. What I will not accept any longer is the lack of attention paid to authenticating the look when examples abound of games that play AND look great.
I'm actually defending EA, but these sports games have a lot shorter a development cycle than the racing games and war games...those aren't limited to being released each year, they can have a year and a half, or even 2 years, between games. If EA said "Well, we want to upgrade Madden's graphics more, so we're not releasing it until February" the sports community would foam at the mouth. They are hamstrung to some extent, which is why the graphics engines aren't totally redone every year.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:03 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I'm actually defending EA, but these sports games have a lot shorter a development cycle than the racing games and war games...those aren't limited to being released each year, they can have a year and a half, or even 2 years, between games. If EA said "Well, we want to upgrade Madden's graphics more, so we're not releasing it until February" the sports community would foam at the mouth. They are hamstrung to some extent, which is why the graphics engines aren't totally redone every year.
You make a valid point. My only counter would be that each year the folks at VC would make noticeable "improvements" to the graphics. Although "improved" was debated back and forth between folks on these boards the one thing agreed upon was that they did actually make an attempt. NCAA football and Madden are big sellers for EA so obviously I'm in the minority as far as being disappointed in the graphics. Based upon what I've seen from the sports clips shown for the XBox 360, there may still be hope for those like me. Until then, I will have to sit out this round of games.

Just for clarification, by graphics I mean specifically player models. I just want that feel of actually looking at a real game. I think its referred to as the "wow" factor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »