Home

looks like the same game to me

This is a discussion on looks like the same game to me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2005, 11:11 AM   #25
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: looks like the same game to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
is that really a bad thing?

just fix the speed cheat, xbox slowdown, CPU pass completion %, and the dropped passes and youve got A HELLLLLLUVA game..... we're basically back to ncaa 2004.5, but im still gonna log over 200 hours.

i guess my hopes werent as high as yours, because im excited

You hit the nail on the head. I don't really care about new animations and stuff like that, the game has always looked great and a majority of the gameplay has always been great. They just needed to iron out a few bugs from '05 and '06 will be the best installment yet.

Really all I wanted to see is the Xbox slowdown fixed, CPU passing % better and have the CPU run the ball more often and more effectively. '06 may well be just a patch to '05, but if they fix all the things that we've been talking abuot the game will be unbelievably fun.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #26
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Fix QB drop back- and Pass Interference and would be happy.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:34 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
You hit the nail on the head. I don't really care about new animations and stuff like that...
I have no problem with the player animations either. They have the best open field stride in the business. But, since the game supposed to be representing a true, real life entity, at some point don't you feel that it should actually look like the game it represents in the most realistic way possible? Evidently, for hardcore fans of the series its not a concern.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:40 AM   #28
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

we're not concerned because we know this is the last year many of us will play it on the current consoles. The graphics for this engine are probably maxed out therefore EA is just adding touch ups to make the game look good but the gameplay that much better.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:58 AM   #29
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
we're not concerned because we know this is the last year many of us will play it on the current consoles. The graphics for this engine are probably maxed out therefore EA is just adding touch ups to make the game look good but the gameplay that much better.

The maxed out engine is untrue because they still port it from ps2. I love collgefootball so no matter how hard I try I will always go to play this game.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:59 PM   #30
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
You make a valid point. My only counter would be that each year the folks at VC would make noticeable "improvements" to the graphics. Although "improved" was debated back and forth between folks on these boards the one thing agreed upon was that they did actually make an attempt. NCAA football and Madden are big sellers for EA so obviously I'm in the minority as far as being disappointed in the graphics. Based upon what I've seen from the sports clips shown for the XBox 360, there may still be hope for those like me. Until then, I will have to sit out this round of games.

Just for clarification, by graphics I mean specifically player models. I just want that feel of actually looking at a real game. I think its referred to as the "wow" factor.

I'm more in for the gameplay. So I've given EA a pass on the graphics. They have tried tweaking here and there. This year's version they decided to do much more work on the models and it looks really good. They found out a way to improve without changing alot.

VC had an advantage of not being EA. They didn't have the pressure of being #1 and not rocking the boat. So VC took this advantage and basically did plenty of changing and remodeling to players and so on. Fortunately for them, they produced the best graphics on the consoles. For a little bit, their models looked slightly hinky, but that's the thing...they could get away with that, then come back then next year and perfect.

EA had to keep flying straight. Just like the peopel that make Halo. Halo 2 looks just like the first Halo. Rockstar....GTA3 looks just like Vice City which looks just like San Andreas.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
I'm more in for the gameplay. So I've given EA a pass on the graphics. They have tried tweaking here and there. This year's version they decided to do much more work on the models and it looks really good. They found out a way to improve without changing alot.

VC had an advantage of not being EA. They didn't have the pressure of being #1 and not rocking the boat. So VC took this advantage and basically did plenty of changing and remodeling to players and so on. Fortunately for them, they produced the best graphics on the consoles. For a little bit, their models looked slightly hinky, but that's the thing...they could get away with that, then come back then next year and perfect.

EA had to keep flying straight. Just like the peopel that make Halo. Halo 2 looks just like the first Halo. Rockstar....GTA3 looks just like Vice City which looks just like San Andreas.
Great points.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Great points.
I agree. Good points again. I stated earlier that EA's football games are big sellers so I realize I'm in the minority in terms of my graphics (again just player models) gripes. The player models seem to satisfy the majority. It just comes down to a matter of expectations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »