Home

Will being in-the-zone be unstoppable?

This is a discussion on Will being in-the-zone be unstoppable? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #1
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Will being in-the-zone be unstoppable?

Just wondering... Let's say I have a IMPACT running back that's "in-the-zone." I keep feeding him the ball and he's making amazing jukes, breaking long runs. How long does he stay "in-the-zone?" Does he start to get tired... leading to the pulse slowing down; or do I have to wait until he gets stuffed a few times in a row or fumbles the ball. Basically, I don't want to have the ultimate unstoppable running back or impact player all game long.

On the other hand, I don't think I'd mind if the CPU has a great back that they keep feeding the ball... or if they had two offensive weapons that I'd have to defend against. I want playing defense to be more challenging. That's why I'm kind of excited to play against teams with impact players on offense. I want to play some games where the CPU is marching up and down the field (smachmouth style) instead of gaining chunks of yards or scoring via the big play. I want to feel like i'm on my heels and I have to make adjustments to stop a juggernaut of an offense... and I want to play a variety of offenses with some teams that dink and dunk, power running teams, fun and gun passing teams, balanced teams... just to change the pace and variety of games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2005, 02:16 PM   #2
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Will being in-the-zone be unstoppable?

No, I don't think it will be unstoppable, for example in the Georgia vs. Florida video Shockley(SP?) got in-the-zone and while he was hard to bring down and he broke some tackles he was also stopped in the backfield a couple times as well.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:16 PM   #3
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

From watching the all the videos, it appears as if an impact player looses the ability to be 'in the zone' when he pull off that matrix-type cinematic or when you don't give him the ball when he's in the zone.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Again with the RB scenario... I hope the factors to get the player "in-the-zone" are a combination of feeding him the ball (several times), and him breaking a few tackles, busting a long run and/or pulling off a juke or two. I don't want to be able to get "in-the-zone" too easily. Example: Feed your impact player (RB) the ball three times in a row and he's suddenly "in-the-zone." Even if you feed him the ball six or seven times in a row, he shouldn't get "in-the-zone" if he keeps getting stuffed. Basically, I think it's a cool idea... I just hope EA implements it in a fun and challenging way. Not overdone (ala HFA and player confidence).
Old 06-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #5
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Again with the RB scenario... I hope the factors to get the player "in-the-zone" are a combination of feeding him the ball (several times), and him breaking a few tackles, busting a long run and/or pulling off a juke or two. I don't want to be able to get "in-the-zone" too easily. Example: Feed your impact player (RB) the ball three times in a row and he's suddenly "in-the-zone." Even if you feed him the ball six or seven times in a row, he shouldn't get "in-the-zone" if he keeps getting stuffed. Basically, I think it's a cool idea... I just hope EA implements it in a fun and challenging way. Not overdone (ala HFA and player confidence).
I think you need to watch the videos. It don't see any of that...and like the producers said, you really only get 'in-the-zone' once a game/per impact player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2005, 03:18 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Can I ask..Where are all these videos that show the players being "in the zone?" I've looked everyone on IGN and can't seem to find them. Thanks in advance
Old 06-10-2005, 03:31 PM   #7
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
I think you need to watch the videos. It don't see any of that...and like the producers said, you really only get 'in-the-zone' once a game/per impact player.
Most of what I've been saying is my opinion of how I'd like to see the "in-the-zone" implemented. I'm not trying to complain about the feature. I just wanted to get feedback/discussion going on what people may think or perhaps know of how this feature is implemented in the game. Obviously, since I don't have the game yet, I'm not trying to explain how the feature works... just stating how I'd like to see it.

I've watched all of the videos... but I guess because they are mostly clips of scoring drives, I didn't grasp how long a player stays "in-the-zone." My initial focus when watching these videos was to see how effective the CPU could run, how well the CPU could pass (comp %), and just trying to notice and enjoy new animations. I'm gonna rewatch the videos again and focus on the impact players.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #8
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
Can I ask..Where are all these videos that show the players being "in the zone?" I've looked everyone on IGN and can't seem to find them. Thanks in advance
When I say "in-the-zone", I'm not specifically speaking of when the camera does the zoom in (although I've seen a a couple of videos showing this aspect). I'm speaking of when you see the impact players circle "pulsing." I'm assuming that when the impact players circle is "pulsing" that means he's "in-the-zone." I think being "in-the-zone" give the player a small boost in attributes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »