Home

Potential Problems

This is a discussion on Potential Problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2005, 09:04 AM   #25
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Potential Problems

After watching a lot of the videos, I have to agree with Quint, the gameplay looks nearly unchanged. There are still QB's rolling out and throwing 50 yard TD passes with ridiculous accuracy. THe dropped passes are there again too, maybe not as frequently as previous versions, but WR's still drop balls that are right to them with no one around. The tackle animations look exactly like last years. Graphics look totally unchanged as well, and if you took away the impact player icon, the game to me would be NCAA 2005. EA is notorious for leaving this game pretty much unchanged from year to year, or when they do make changes, they are small.

But why change a good thing??? I could care less, you, me, and everyone else will be picking it up upon release regardless. Would I like the problems fixed year to year, yes, but the game is still very solid, and provides a great football fix in the summer and into the fall. Besides, being a Buckeye fan, I want to get a hold of Ted Ginn, and dominate!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2005, 10:01 AM   #26
Rookie

OS_Noles_Fan_#1's Arena

OVR: 0

Problems I have seen.

From a USC/LSU video and USC/Miami video, it seems that WRs get behind defensive backs way to easily. Maybe this was because the Safeties were blitzting and not providing deep help, but either way USC's WRs, who aren't burners like Devin Hester or Ted Ginn Jr. were doing it, so I fear actually playing against those kids.

It seems QBs can still drop back 30 yards and hit a pass on the money. I saw Leinart nail a pass across field while back pedalling. To get the ball where he did, he had to throw it at least 60 yards in the air, and it was dead on. Maybe those videos are being played on JV or Varsity, but that scares me.

I have also seen some bad drops, I hope those were actually removed.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:21 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

This year will be the 2004 code, but with all the added BS that EA likes to put into their games to advertise to 10yr olds. They realized last years was a joke, so they'll take it right back to when everyone loved it. It's a simple plan... why work hard on a game when you're developing it for a different generation next year? I just can't wait to see all the "This is the greatest game ever!" threads after it gets released.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:38 PM   #28
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Don't be so ageist.

Actually, a 6th-grade teacher. Having to deal with crap like this all year makes the release date of NCAA--just weeks after school lets out--so much sweeter.
Preach on! I teach 6th grade too and I keep thinking about how I'll have the game for just under a month before I have to be back in the classroom. Thank goodness that this game comes out during the summer, otherwise I'd never get lessons planned or curriculum projections finished.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:56 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

THanks for all the EA insider info!

Old 06-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
^ While I agree...I'll still post what I saw

On the WR screen pas TD to Aromashodu (OU vs AUB) the short cutsecene shows the players congratulating Courtney Taylor by mistake.
I noticed the same thing on the Auburn and Oklahoma video. Maybe he threw the block that sprung him.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:12 PM   #31
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg
I noticed the same thing on the Auburn and Oklahoma video. Maybe he threw the block that sprung him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Nope, they were on opposite sides of the field. Talyor was running a fly route
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »