Home

Picking a team

This is a discussion on Picking a team within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Picking a team

While MSU is my favorite team, I always like to play with a different one just to get a better impression of another team. While I did play with MSU last year, I went with Oregon State in 2004 and had a blast.

I am looking for a team that is well known but not a powerhouse, has a good conference, and a good RB.

Big 10 and Pac 10 teams I would like to avoid as I played among those conferences way too much.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Picking a team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUSPartanPride
While MSU is my favorite team, I always like to play with a different one just to get a better impression of another team. While I did play with MSU last year, I went with Oregon State in 2004 and had a blast.

I am looking for a team that is well known but not a powerhouse, has a good conference, and a good RB.

Big 10 and Pac 10 teams I would like to avoid as I played among those conferences way too much.

Any ideas? Thanks.
pitt is a good team for you
Old 06-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Kansas State or Syracuse

1901 1902 1903 1904 1918 1923 1932 1933 1947 1948 1997

UM Basketball National Championships

Final Fours

1964 1965 1976 1989 1992 1993
Old 06-12-2005, 09:46 PM   #4
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

I would suggest Iowa State. They have a good, workhorse type runningback in Stevie Hicks, a mobile, strong armed quarterback in Bret Meyer, and a big target at receiver in 6'5" Todd Blythe. They are in Iowa, so you will have to compete with BigXII and BigTen teams in recruiting and they are in a solid conference.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #5
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
I would suggest Iowa State. They have a good, workhorse type runningback in Stevie Hicks, a mobile, strong armed quarterback in Bret Meyer, and a big target at receiver in 6'5" Todd Blythe. They are in Iowa, so you will have to compete with BigXII and BigTen teams in recruiting and they are in a solid conference.
I was going to say Iowa State too, as they are my second-favourite team. If you wanted to bring up a mid-major, someone like Bowling Green (big recruiting state) may also be interesting. As well, I would suggest Viriginia. They have an awesome D, and Wali Lundy is a workhorse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2005, 09:58 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

UConn
Old 06-12-2005, 10:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am in a similar situation as you, while I love playing with Notre Dame, I like using other teams to, ones that don't play Notre Dame very often. This year I came up with Maryland because I love their uniforms and they are a very young team in a very tough ACC. It should take a few years, but it should be fun trying to make the Terps competitive. But some other teams are Syracuse, Kansas, or Arkansas.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:42 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. I am considering Utah as well because the RB from my school goes there.

Stanford is also in the picture despite the conference because Clinton Snyder (also went to my school and I knew him) goes there and may start on defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »