Home

Official Release Date Thread

This is a discussion on Official Release Date Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 01:25 PM   #9
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Release Date Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
I called their customer service(DVDplanet.com), and the guy kept reitorating that the game will indeed be released on the 28th of June. He checked the computer and said: "it's coming out the 28th according to what I have here". Take it for what it's worth.
Maybe one of the mods will know the answer to a couple of questions: has the game even gone gold yet? What's the usual time frame between a game going gold and the ship date? Is it possible for the game to be in any stores hands a mere 11 days from now if the duplicating and shipping process hasn't already begun?
Old 06-17-2005, 01:37 PM   #10
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Maybe one of the mods will know the answer to a couple of questions: has the game even gone gold yet? What's the usual time frame between a game going gold and the ship date? Is it possible for the game to be in any stores hands a mere 11 days from now if the duplicating and shipping process hasn't already begun?
well I don't pay to much attention to the going gold factor, because Iv'e seen games come out without it even being announced gone gold.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 06-17-2005, 02:03 PM   #11
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I also ordered from DVDplanet. I'm hoping for an early shipment, but I'm not counting on it. I do recall reading about the MTV.com store shipping Halo 2 early, so these things can happen. We'll have to wait and see.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2005, 02:11 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
I also ordered from DVDplanet. I'm hoping for an early shipment, but I'm not counting on it. I do recall reading about the MTV.com store shipping Halo 2 early, so these things can happen. We'll have to wait and see.

it would be aweosme if you got it early. I would order from their but chances are they will change the date and will ship it on the 12th. Plus who knows how fast the site ships if they do ship on ther 12th, even with overnight they might be as slow as amazon or as fast as ebworld, you never know. You could end up getting it after everyone else. How random is it that when you preorder from EAs site they dont even give a release date, just "future release."

Last edited by 8bit; 06-17-2005 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:19 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Good points. One of the biggest things I look forward to though is whether reviewable discs have been sent to OS, etc. and they can discuss the game and in game impressions. Its always nice to get early impressions of a finished copy. Plus, it usually means they have gone gold and the game is on the way.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:24 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Good points. One of the biggest things I look forward to though is whether reviewable discs have been sent to OS, etc. and they can discuss the game and in game impressions. Its always nice to get early impressions of a finished copy. Plus, it usually means they have gone gold and the game is on the way.

Yeah, hopefully they get it a little sooner than last year. It was smart of them to give it to OS late last year, the more you played ncaa 2005 the more you realized how much it sucked. I believe they got 2004 early. Coincidence....
Old 06-17-2005, 02:28 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
I called their customer service(DVDplanet.com), and the guy kept reitorating that the game will indeed be released on the 28th of June. He checked the computer and said: "it's coming out the 28th according to what I have here". Take it for what it's worth.
I'll admit that I have mine preordered from DVD Planet, and I will be thrilled if they actually ship it to us on the 28th. However, I also realize that it's likely the date they have posted on their site and the date the gentleman on the phone gave you is incorrect, because the employees simply have not been told any different. At some point, a supervisor will come along and say "oh, no no no, we cannot ship those until July 12th". I can almost guarantee that will happen. By taking the word of a customer service rep, you are assuming that everyone working for that company is "in the know". If you're familiar with how businesses sometimes operate, you would know that this is simply not the case. Many times, communication is lacking at places like this, and employees can only go by what is in front of them, which in this case, is a date of June 28th. I would be willing to bet that a supervisor somewhere along the road at DVD Planet has been told that they cannot sell NCAA until July 12th, and he has simply failed to communicate this with the rest of the staff. But rest assured, he will make everyone aware of this fact before the fateful day, and you guys need to be preparing yourselves for he inevitable disappointment that will surely follow when you guys find out you have to wait two more godforsaken weeks. What a tragedy!

Last edited by SoxChamp; 06-17-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
I'll admit that I have mine preordered from DVD Planet, and I will be thrilled if they actually ship it to us on the 28th. However, I also realize that it's likely the date they have posted on their site and the date the gentleman on the phone gave you is incorrect, because the employees simply have not been told any different. At some point, a supervisor will come along and say "oh, no no no, we cannot ship those until July 12th". I can almost guarantee that will happen. By taking the word of a customer service rep, you are assuming that everyone working for that company is "in the know". If you're familiar with how businesses sometimes operate, you would know that this is simply not the case. Many times, communication is lacking at places like this, and employees can only go by what is in front of them, which in this case, is a date of June 28th. I would be willing to bet that a supervisor somewhere along the road at DVD Planet has been told that they cannot sell NCAA until July 12th, and he has simply failed to communicate this with the rest of the staff. But rest assured, he will make everyone aware of this fact before the fateful day, and you guys need to be preparing yourselves for he inevitable disappointment that will surely follow when you guys find out you have to wait two more godforsaken weeks. What a tragedy!
nonsense, im sure an online store that sells the movies semen demons and blow me sandwich 5 would be perfectely knowledgable on the release date of ncaa football 2006.

Last edited by 8bit; 06-17-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »