Home

Official Release Date Thread

This is a discussion on Official Release Date Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 02:24 PM   #33
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Official Release Date Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazersin2k3
i always thought that the games were shipped on mondays the week they were supposed to come out.
Usually they do. But some games come out on Wed, some on Thursday. With NCAA it is shipping to the retail store several days before it is supposed to be released. Most stores will have it no later than July 1st or 5th(2nd, 3rd, and 4th, will see no shipments) but cant sell it unless A)they themselves break the street date or B)A competing store in the direct vicinity breaks the street date. Then a call will go to the vendor(In this case EA) and the vendor normally gives the green light to go ahead and sell so that no competitive disadvantages are present.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:05 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 5

are you guys sure, because last year at gamestop every1 who preordered ncaa 05 was waiting untill their shipment came. they told every1 9:00pm on monday but it really didn't arrive till 11pm. it was similar for madden, halo 2, and gta.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:11 PM   #35
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazersin2k3
are you guys sure, because last year at gamestop every1 who preordered ncaa 05 was waiting untill their shipment came. they told every1 9:00pm on monday but it really didn't arrive till 11pm. it was similar for madden, halo 2, and gta.
Yes I am sure. Read any of the other realese threads that were around before the official one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2005, 04:54 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 11

the dvd planet site has madden for a late july release so i think its safe to say they arent accurate.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:16 PM   #37
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

Isn't weird though how they don't have a countdown or a date on the NCAA Football 06 section but do on Madden. It's just a tiny bit of hope.

Old 06-20-2005, 09:17 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 7

Question...Since there is a hard street date or whatever, stores like Bestbuy/Circuit City/etc. will get have the game on the shelves on the morning of the 12th rather than the usual few days later, correct?
Old 06-20-2005, 09:34 AM   #39
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY4Life
Question...Since there is a hard street date or whatever, stores like Bestbuy/Circuit City/etc. will get have the game on the shelves on the morning of the 12th rather than the usual few days later, correct?
I was at Best Buy yesterday, and on a whim asked a sales rep to check the release date. He came back and said July 12. I asked him if that's also the ship date and he smiled and said the game will ship June 28. He then said that there's a $10K fine for each copy of the game that sells early. He's probably full of @&#! when it comes to the fine, but any place that's carrying '06 should sell on the same day.

Whenever....

that....

might....

be..............
Old 06-20-2005, 09:54 AM   #40
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY4Life

I have to think that bigger stores (i.e. Wal-Mart) put some pressure on concerning these bigger video game releases. They probably worked with EA to assure that they would have the game the same day any other place does. I only assume that is why the game is shipping so early...cut out any chance of shipping probs, etc so all stores will have the game by 7/12.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »