Home

scrambling qb's and pocket qb's in the ncaa series

This is a discussion on scrambling qb's and pocket qb's in the ncaa series within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2005, 01:57 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: scrambling qb's and pocket qb's in the ncaa series

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
I agree to a point, but it just seems a bit too easy to win with a scrambling qb in ncaa and pocket qbs were almost penalized for not being able to run. For example in ncaa 2004 I played with my michigan wolverines. John navarre had a ranking of ovr 95. I had recruited a backup qb with a ovr 73 but he had a speed of 85. He was far and away better then john navarre because on every pass play i could just roll out the pocket and the defense would stay in coverage and i could pick up 15 yards or throw the perfect spiral every time. Just an observation.

I read in one of the interviews that throwing on the run is supposed to be much, much less accurate in 2006. That would level the playing field a good bit I think. However if you got a fast qb who is also a great arm, then he'll probably continue to have great success, but then in real life if you had a fast qb with a great arm he probably would have great success as well..
Old 06-19-2005, 02:03 AM   #10
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

[quote=ODogg]I read in one of the interviews that throwing on the run is supposed to be much, much less accurate in 2006. That would level the playing field a good bit I think. However if you got a fast qb who is also a great arm, then he'll probably continue to have great success, but then in real life if you had a fast qb with a great arm he probably would have great success as well..[/QUOTE/]
I just hope EA installs defenses to stop people who like to scramble with the quarterback.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:05 AM   #11
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

they've added a lot more lb's spys so lets hope that helps.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2005, 02:06 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

[quote=Mrcabone]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I read in one of the interviews that throwing on the run is supposed to be much, much less accurate in 2006. That would level the playing field a good bit I think. However if you got a fast qb who is also a great arm, then he'll probably continue to have great success, but then in real life if you had a fast qb with a great arm he probably would have great success as well..[/QUOTE/]
I just hope EA installs defenses to stop people who like to scramble with the quarterback.
The mere fact that they have added the Madden defensive audible system so you can on the fly change LB's to spy QBs, tell DL to guard the outside to contain QBs, etc attests to the fact that they have tried. It sure did really address it about as good as it could in Madden so I imagine it will in NCAA as well.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:07 AM   #13
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

[quote=ODogg]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcabone

The mere fact that they have added the Madden defensive audible system so you can on the fly change LB's to spy QBs, tell DL to guard the outside to contain QBs, etc attests to the fact that they have tried. It sure did really address it about as good as it could in Madden so I imagine it will in NCAA as well.
Thanks for the info ,I didn't even know,now i just have to learn how to do those defensive hot routes,I haven't bought madden in three years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »