Home

most points you have scored in ncaa football

This is a discussion on most points you have scored in ncaa football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2005, 05:36 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: most points you have scored in ncaa football

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks123789
personally i think they need to up it some more maybe to like 350 or something, it wouldn't be really hard to do, they just have to add more commentary
Actually, this has nothing to do with commentary. It is because they use one byte to store each team's score and the maximum unsigned number you can store in one byte is 255. Bits aren't adressable so their only option would be 2 bytes which would bring it up to 65535 as a maximum. They probaby just felt 255 would be enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2005, 06:11 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

110 pts with Texas againt Baylor on Heisman in 2004. Beat a D 1-AA school 98-13 with Boston College in 2005 and immediately killed the dynasty and went to tinkering sliders.....
Old 06-20-2005, 06:32 PM   #27
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Actually, this has nothing to do with commentary. It is because they use one byte to store each team's score and the maximum unsigned number you can store in one byte is 255. Bits aren't adressable so their only option would be 2 bytes which would bring it up to 65535 as a maximum. They probaby just felt 255 would be enough
Is this also what determines the maximum amount of individual rushing yards you can have in one game? One time I was just fooling around on JV difficulty and as soon as I got past 1023 rushing yards with a single player (I assume the max is 1024), the game reset my yardage to -1023 yards and I had to work my way back up... that was not fun.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:04 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
I would bet that the next gen system will have a few more bits to spare. Tracking all these stars should be a small amount of memory relative to eveything else. If you can still flip a stat over in the next gen then someone at EA should be slapped.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:46 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Is this also what determines the maximum amount of individual rushing yards you can have in one game? One time I was just fooling around on JV difficulty and as soon as I got past 1023 rushing yards with a single player (I assume the max is 1024), the game reset my yardage to -1023 yards and I had to work my way back up... that was not fun.
Yep, that would be a 2-byte signed variable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »