Home

Masterbit Theater 2: Oklahoma vs. Texas

This is a discussion on Masterbit Theater 2: Oklahoma vs. Texas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2005, 10:46 PM   #25
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Masterbit Theater 2: Oklahoma vs. Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Of course everyone has there own style. I've played against people that do it your way. I actually didn't like that the CPU was making plays for them. I felt like I was playing against the CPU. But trust me, I'm not knocking your style. It actually makes the game play more realisticly from my experience. The CPU screws up sometime, but it doesn't do some of the crazy things human players do.

It's funny how differently we all think. To me, it seems more challenging to make the plays yourself.

What position to you play by the way? I'm guessing LB or safety since you're able to get in on so many plays. Or do you switch it up depending on the team?
Your right, I usually play FS, SS, or MLB on NCAA and Madden. On ESPN, I liked to play on the DL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 10:50 PM   #26
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Really? I can't imagine that being much fun. You miss so much of the action. If you play DB, you won't make it to many of the run plays. And if you play LB or DL you won't be there to defend many passes. The way some of the DBs stand & watch the WRs catch the ball, I'd break a joystick before half time.

I like being in the middle of the action. I start out as a DL and rush if it's a pass, then switch to the closest defender after the ball is thrown. On run plays I also switch to the nearest defender. I can't imagine being the same player for the entire play(unlees I happen to be in the right spot to begin with) much less an entire game.
I play the same way(1 player)
The reason for me is this:
Why take the time to recruit, say a speedy intelligent MLB, and then negate all his ratings(except for things like speed) by controlling him myself. I love recruiting someone and watching them turn into what I hoped they would.
Same with any postion. When you take control of a player his ratings like awareness etc all go by the wayside when you take control.
Aothe reaso is I always create myself and that's the only person I control.
That's what's fun for me.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:00 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Heres what I Do:
I either control the LINEMEN, or the SPYing/ZONE LB. 1 in 10 plays, I'll take the blitzing LB and play with him.... I rarely use my CB or Safeties... I dont see it as cheese or letting the CPU do everything
Old 06-22-2005, 11:31 PM   #28
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

I usually start out as the lineman and pressue the QB and if it's a run I'll change to the LB and try to tackle but if it's a pass I'll try to swat it. It's the way I've always played it. By the time I take control of anyone other than the lineman their awareness would be meaningless anyway.

Old 06-23-2005, 01:10 AM   #29
Rookie

cjtiger300's Arena

OVR: 1

Wasn't this thread about Masterpiece Theatre or something??? I fogot!
Old 06-23-2005, 01:44 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I think the game plays a little more realistic huamn vs cpu if the human player controls only one man defensively. Reason being is because the AI players on the human controlled team must perform on their own mostly 90% of the time. I prefer this style of play because the CPU puts up a better challenge if the human player isn't taking control of lower awreness players that the CPU should beable to exploit in the running game or passing game.

For instance if my FS has low AWR then I'd rather just call plenty of zones and let my entire secondary play based on their own ratings. Otherwise if I controll them the CPU would hardly ever get a big play vs me. I prefer to control a DL on every play without switching. I restrict myself to only the DL meaning I can controll any one of them all the time but never a LB or DB. That helps the CPU generate realistic offensive yardage against me on the ground or in the air.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #31
Rookie

guy_incognito's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtiger300
Wasn't this thread about Masterpiece Theatre or something??? I fogot!
Are you coming out right here on OS?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »