Home

Happy to see this game actually playing wide open like real college ball

This is a discussion on Happy to see this game actually playing wide open like real college ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2005, 01:08 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Happy to see this game actually playing wide open like real college ball

You guys sound like Madden tournament cheesers. Wide open in videogaming means no defense, which means scores of 63-60, 70-47, etc. Do big plays happen? Of course. But come on. I'm coming out of retirement to get back into football videogaming. I'm looking forward to down to the wire 21-17, 24-21 battles. Not, up and down basketball score like games.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:13 PM   #10
Rookie

gobucks123789's Arena

OVR: 2

yea now i know why EA is coming out with a Arena game,

they can just use the same format

but i have to admit these games are turning into arena bowl games, not college football game
Old 06-22-2005, 01:27 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks123789
yea now i know why EA is coming out with a Arena game,

they can just use the same format

but i have to admit these games are turning into arena bowl games, not college football game

If folks want wide open, high scoring, no defense games, your right, they should look to Arena football. How could a down to the wire "nailbiter" be considered "boring"??? Let's examine this scenario. USC won the bowl game over the Sooners last year like 55- 19 or something like that. Basically a no contest at halftime. Now imagine if the game was 17-14 with 1:30 left in 4th with the Sooners driving. Wouldn't that hold folks interest more than a blowout that was over at halftime? Yes, of course it would.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 01:28 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiost
I love to see the bombs completed
Then you should have enjoyed 05 as well. The bomb play was the easiest pass to complete last year!
Old 06-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I like the no holds barred wide open gameplay and welcome it's return, however I also hope that it's possible if matchups are right to have those low scoring slugfests. The problem with 2005 was just far too many of em were that way..
Old 06-22-2005, 01:49 PM   #14
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I like the no holds barred wide open gameplay and welcome it's return, however I also hope that it's possible if matchups are right to have those low scoring slugfests. The problem with 2005 was just far too many of em were that way..
exactly....some College football games are higher scoring...not in the 60's really, but higher...you need a good balance, i want the Michigan OSU game to be one of those 20-17 nailbiters, but when Michigan plays Central Mich to open up the season it shouldn't be a 7-3 thriller either
Old 06-22-2005, 01:52 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
If folks want wide open, high scoring, no defense games, your right, they should look to Arena football. How could a down to the wire "nailbiter" be considered "boring"??? Let's examine this scenario. USC won the bowl game over the Sooners last year like 55- 19 or something like that. Basically a no contest at halftime. Now imagine if the game was 17-14 with 1:30 left in 4th with the Sooners driving. Wouldn't that hold folks interest more than a blowout that was over at halftime? Yes, of course it would.
It's quite clear that you missing the point. The problem some people are having with last years games is that too many of them were 14-10 games, regardless of the matchup. College football is a wide open brand of the game, it's as simple as that. One more time, it's not the NFL, it's the NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 21

I see a lot of blow out scores in college football games, such as 62-10, 56-17, etc. But personally, I would find a college football videogame to be extremely boring if those kinds of scores were the norm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »