Home

Happy to see this game actually playing wide open like real college ball

This is a discussion on Happy to see this game actually playing wide open like real college ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2005, 02:23 PM   #49
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Happy to see this game actually playing wide open like real college ball

Quote:
ohiost.

Had Braylon not dropped that pass things could have turned out very differently for OSU because up until that point Michigan had all the momentum and were driving again.

ohiost
Meh. Michigan was still down by thirteen at that point, and I don't know if you could say they were "driving again." They got the ball after an OSU punt, and gained all of nine yards, and no first downs. Even a catch puts them at their own 30.

Even after Edwards' drop, they got the ball back still within two scores, and only nineteen seconds elasped. But by that time, OSU had moved Youboty over to cover Edwards, who had four yards the rest of the game.

Last edited by INeedShades; 06-23-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:36 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedShades
Meh. Michigan was still down by thirteen at that point, and I don't know if you could say they were "driving again." They got the ball after an OSU punt, and gained all of nine yards, and no first downs. Even a catch puts them at their own 30.

Even after Edwards' drop, they got the ball back still within two scores, and only nineteen seconds elasped. But by that time, OSU had moved Youboty over to cover Edwards, who had four yards the rest of the game.
My man that drop was huge! Mel Kyper himself brought it up about 50 times leading up to and during the draft. I was with about 15 other OSU fans watching that game and everyone to a man was getting tense because Michigan was in a groove and the Buckeyes were going 3 and out using up almost no clock because of ultra conservative play calling down the stretch.

ohiost
Old 06-24-2005, 01:33 AM   #51
Rookie

greedo909's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiost
My man that drop was huge! Mel Kyper himself brought it up about 50 times leading up to and during the draft. I was with about 15 other OSU fans watching that game and everyone to a man was getting tense because Michigan was in a groove and the Buckeyes were going 3 and out using up almost no clock because of ultra conservative play calling down the stretch.

ohiost
I was at that game and Michigan got manhandled from the 2nd quarter through to the end. Sure the Edwards pass that got dropped could have led to a score let alone a comeback, but it didn't. The Buckeyes could have scored another TD and won by 20 or 23 just as well. Mel Kiper is a draft expert not a college football analyst, all accounts I've heard from 'real analysts' were that Michigan got the smackdown. The reason it was talked about was that was an easy pass that should have been caught. Once OSU got up 34-14 there was little worry in the second half. But then again I was at the NCState 03 triple OT game, Mich 02, Fiesta Bowl, and countless other Tressel squeekers so maybe I've built up my nerves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2005, 04:19 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiost

ohiost
i was at that game. i have it on dvd and have watched it well over a dozen times. that drop was not nearly as huge as everybody made it out to be, no matter what mel kyper says. sure, it ended michigan's hopes of a comeback, but those hopes were slime at that point. edwards only had 2 big catches in that game, one for a TD and another deep and both were when he was guarded by dustin fox, a guy you shouldn't be matching up against a big play reciever like edwards. ashton yobouty broke up 2 or 3 long passes to edwards that would ahve gone over fox's head. he was just the better cb, and when matched up against edwards osu held him in check fairly well.

if you wanna see edwards make a defense look pitiful, look at the michigan msu game this last year, or hell look at the osu michigan game from '03
Old 06-24-2005, 11:30 AM   #53
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Dealing with long passes and how accurate they should be would be a lot better if EA (or any other company) actually broke up the pass accuracy attribute between short and long.
Exactly, which is why adjusting the sliders is useless. If you turn QB THA way down, the deep ball will be far less accurate, but the short passes will also be inaccurate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »