Home

Race for the Heisman...

This is a discussion on Race for the Heisman... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Race for the Heisman...

I was sitting here in work today and I was thinking about this mode. Honestly I do not see the point of it and probably won't play it extensively. First off, it seems like a cool concept, but it seems like, from what I have read on IGN is that the user will just get crazy stats for their players and not really worry about the game as much. Like rushing a ton and never passing when you have a good quarterback and so on. Personally, I had originally thought it was going to be like the CPU calling the plays for you and then you only got to play as you "Heisman player". So if you were a running back and a pass was called then you would have no control over the play, just block or go out for a screen pass. It seems like it is the same as dynasty mode except it has that title on it and has all those added options like your dorm room and stuff. Just what I was thinking about, what do you guys think of the mode, personally I thought it could be done better/differently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Race for the Heisman...

"Ask Corso" and self control.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:44 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

We all know we don't have self control when we see Corso calling ridiculous plays...
Old 06-24-2005, 09:49 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

So don't ask him. Pick the play you think would work best regardless. Like was said, self control. It shouldn't be that hard to do.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:48 AM   #5
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsu280
I was sitting here in work today and I was thinking about this mode. Honestly I do not see the point of it and probably won't play it extensively. First off, it seems like a cool concept, but it seems like, from what I have read on IGN is that the user will just get crazy stats for their players and not really worry about the game as much. Like rushing a ton and never passing when you have a good quarterback and so on. Personally, I had originally thought it was going to be like the CPU calling the plays for you and then you only got to play as you "Heisman player". So if you were a running back and a pass was called then you would have no control over the play, just block or go out for a screen pass. It seems like it is the same as dynasty mode except it has that title on it and has all those added options like your dorm room and stuff. Just what I was thinking about, what do you guys think of the mode, personally I thought it could be done better/differently.
Wow, I didn't realize you'd still have control over the rest of the team. This doesn't sound like much of a feature to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2005, 12:08 PM   #6
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

First Person Football (i.e NFL 2k4/2k5), Player Lock, and Position Specific Controls (i.e Road To Sunday) would have made RFTH THE mode of choice for me. Same with Madden's Superstar Mode. But I'll still check it out. I expect it'll be fun to play and I like the continuity with Madden '06.

Last edited by Kanobi; 06-24-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:09 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Make yourself work the way up the depth chart, and have self control when calling plays. Just play realistically. Plus, the CPU has the chance to recruit over you in the off-season, so you have to hang on to your job. It can be fun if you want it to be.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:13 PM   #8
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
"Ask Corso" and self control.
Using "Ask Corso" is an excellent idea for those who expected/wanted the CPU to call plays for them. However, the biggest key is self control. If your a realistic/sim player that shouldn't be a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »