Home

In Season recruiting

This is a discussion on In Season recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
In Season recruiting

Let's start with my personal opinion... I did not like in-season recruiting on CH2K5. There seemed to be too much going on in between games. During the season, I like to focus more on playing the games, winning my conference, and fighting for bowl bids or a national title. However, from what I've read, I don't think the in-season recruiting in NCAA '06 will take away the focus from the games at hand during the season. I am welcoming the new edition of in-season recruiting, and will reserve final judgement as to whether or not I think it's too simplified, too in-depth, or just right. In the past, the excitement of finishing each year and entering the "recruiting" season (in Madden the Draft) is one of my favorite things in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2005, 02:12 PM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: In Season recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Let's start with my personal opinion... I did not like in-season recruiting on CH2K5. There seemed to be too much going on in between games. During the season, I like to focus more on playing the games, winning my conference, and fighting for bowl bids or a national title. However, from what I've read, I don't think the in-season recruiting in NCAA '06 will take away the focus from the games at hand during the season. I am welcoming the new edition of in-season recruiting, and will reserve final judgement as to whether or not I think it's too simplified, too in-depth, or just right. In the past, the excitement of finishing each year and entering the "recruiting" season (in Madden the Draft) is one of my favorite things in the game.
I hope it doesn't take away from just playing the season games. I can't play College Hoops because I do not want to do in-season recruiting, I just want to play the games. I wish it was just an option, because I would probably just keep it the way it has been. I like playing my 13 games a season without worrying about anything except how to beat my opponents and move up in the polls. I don't want to spend extra time before games fighting with the CPU recruiting AI to get recruits to like me.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 06-24-2005, 02:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

It won't be that bad even if it is in depth. Will give us a chance to breath in between games and refocus. We all want it more real well here we go. Also, the season is much shorter in football compared to basketball so there will be much less recruiting going on during the season. The length of the season is what made college hoops inseason recruiting get old at times.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #4
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I like the idea.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 06-24-2005, 02:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

its done in real life............i think it makes the game better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I absolutely love this idea. I have been calling this for years. It's exactly what goes on in real life. There will be nothing better than seeing a commit verbal to N.C. State during the season, only to de-commit and join UNC on signing day. There would be nothing worse than thta exact thing happening to me...
Old 06-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #7
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I absolutely love this idea. I have been calling this for years. It's exactly what goes on in real life. There will be nothing better than seeing a commit verbal to N.C. State during the season, only to de-commit and join UNC on signing day. There would be nothing worse than thta exact thing happening to me...
The key is the soft verbals and such...too me, NCAA Hoops was just a much longer period of recruiting. Here, while you can get verbals, when it gets to the offseason, everybody is still available, while in NCAA Hoops, if you didn't do anything during the first signing period, many of the good recruits were gone.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:44 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

In season recruiting is gonna be GREAT if done properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »