Home

IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable?

This is a discussion on IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD ca

Yeah I know that. Quality will vary from company to company. I'm just saying that a component cable carries the HD signal and all of those "HD cables" are component cables.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #26
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
Yeah I know that. Quality will vary from company to company. I'm just saying that a component cable carries the HD signal and all of those "HD cables" are component cables.
yeah, I figured you knew that. I was just making sure dawgs18 knew it.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 06-29-2005, 11:37 AM   #27
Rookie

I wonder if next gen systems will have a HDMI or DVI output on the back of the consoles since every game will be atleast 720p and most will be 1080p. That would be pretty cool even though I cant tell a big difference between using my component cables to my HDMI cables for NBA games on TNThd.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:08 PM   #28
Rookie

dawgs18's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable?

Got it, thanks for the clarification fellas.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:35 PM   #29
Rookie

Re: IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable?

No problem.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:50 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
Component cables are an HD cable man. Believe me I know this. There are HDMI, DVI, component, s-video, and composite cables. Game systems only use component (which transfers the HD signal also can be called HD cables if you wish), s-video, and composite.

The HD cables from Microsoft are the same thing as Monster component cables.
and we have a winner!!

The guy who stated Xbox has component and specifically HD cables is wrong. Component are the only option for HD cables that the Xbox has. HDMI and DVI aren't supported on the Xbox or PS2. I think they'll be supported on next gen consoles though.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:53 PM   #31
Rookie

HDMI and DVI cables are very expensive. For my footage that I needed I paid over a hundred dollars for my dish receiver. Crazy lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2005, 03:23 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Guys got a question that is in this area atleast in the HDTV. I am looking to get a HDTV for the xbox mostly and for the next gen systems but as far as HDTV I think there are two different types, HDTV ready and HDTV integrated. I believe the HDTV ready is a lot cheaper what else would I have to buy to use my xbox in high def besides the HD cables or what not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »