Home

Some info off of the PSXSports.com forums...

This is a discussion on Some info off of the PSXSports.com forums... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2005, 09:26 PM   #33
Rookie

GoBigOrange's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Some info off of the PSXSports.com forums...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
See, thats why i like OS's impressions better. No ratings, strictly gameplay. WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT RATINGS!!!! You can change them!!!!!!
You are stuck with the default ratings when your playing online.

Please visit my website at footballjunkie.com
Old 06-25-2005, 09:39 PM   #34
Rookie

Gmac1016's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
after the coach fight, auburn stopped recruiting him.

plus he made a 14 on the ACT

Haha- he made a 15 on his latest retake of the ACT.

Powe still has a chance to qualify; if he does this year it would be a miracle.

The most probable scenario is for Powe to attend Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia for one year, then return to Ole Miss next year. I'm glad Ole Miss signed the best incoming freshmen for both offensive lineman and best defensive lineman. Trust me, Auburn will wish they had signed them in a year or two.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:51 PM   #35
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

I wonder what Toney Baker and Andre Brown are rated?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2005, 10:05 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigOrange
You are stuck with the default ratings when your playing online.
thats why gameplay impressions are far more important right now. For all we know 06 could run horribly online like last ncaa and espn 2k5 last year were every game had its own distinctive speed due to slowdown issues. Or, it could run like madden, where there is lag here and there, but there is one speed to every game. Theres nothing worse having to adjust your timing and button presses every online game becasue the speed never the same. If it plays like that this year, would you really still care about ratings. Would you still play online after a month? People who have the game and can play online can answer questions like that.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:17 PM   #37
Rookie

GoBigOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
thats why gameplay impressions are far more important right now. For all we know 06 could run horribly online like last ncaa and espn 2k5 last year were every game had its own distinctive speed due to slowdown issues. Or, it could run like madden, where there is lag here and there, but there is one speed to every game. Theres nothing worse having to adjust your timing and button presses every online game becasue the speed never the same. If it plays like that this year, would you really still care about ratings. Would you still play online after a month? People who have the game and can play online can answer questions like that.
I commented on gameplay... everyone knows that gameplay is of upmost performance.

I was just pointing out why there is some importance to raitings.

Please visit my website at footballjunkie.com
Old 06-25-2005, 10:39 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigOrange
I commented on gameplay... everyone knows that gameplay is of upmost performance.

I was just pointing out why there is some importance to raitings.

no i know. I just used my post to basically point out my fears for online play this year. For me, i just want the same consistent gamespeed every game.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:49 PM   #39
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmac1016
Haha- he made a 15 on his latest retake of the ACT.

Powe still has a chance to qualify; if he does this year it would be a miracle.

The most probable scenario is for Powe to attend Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia for one year, then return to Ole Miss next year. I'm glad Ole Miss signed the best incoming freshmen for both offensive lineman and best defensive lineman. Trust me, Auburn will wish they had signed them in a year or two.
powe will never play a down of D1 football. he is a nutcase, and a dumb one at that
Old 06-26-2005, 03:54 AM   #40
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

More gameplay info...just for 8bit.

Info on running game
Quote:
The running game is certainly improved to a degree. I have troubles running the ball as I have yet to find a decent playbook, but when I break it to the outside, I am able to beat linebackers to the sideline and turn up for a decent gain. Linebackers haven't chased me down from behind, but it is difficult to get past the safety and corner. The running game appears fine to me.

The special teams don't appear to have changed. I have yet to see a blocked punt.

I have not seen one superhuman db jump in the air as they did before. This sounds bad (but is actually great) but the dbs almost don't jump at all as I have lobbed balls over their heads. The passing appears improved as I am able to run slants and time passes perfectly. The best part is that defenders don't have the superhuman leaping ability and I am able to throw over the linebackers.

PSXsports Team

Computer AI acting like humans?

Quote:
For the first time it seems like I am playing against a human than a computer. I struggled against the defense on All-American in 2005. This year, I am actually able to compete. The computer isn't cheap like before. I have yet to be frustrated because the computer cheats. It's hard to explain why the computer is more human in their AI, but I really do feel like I could be playing against a human. Before I would run the exact same defense and blitz my linebackers, etc, because I felt like I was playing against a cheap robot. Now I mix my defensive calls up because I am playing against a more human opponent where my cover 2's, etc still are rewarded with the occasional sack and defensive pressure. It's hard to say how psychic the defense is, because there are times where I feel they are doing the psychic reads again, and others where they are not. I believe it is more coincidence than anything else.

PSXsports Team
Potential Bug?

Quote:
An angry observation is that I have fumbled on a kickoff return once in every game that I've played. Maybe it's because I am juking in traffic, but it's frustrating as heck!

PSXsports Team

NOTE: He later dismisses the claim..relax guys
Some FSU coverage
Quote:
I'm Florida State and I started out on defense. I sacked the quarterback with LE#92 and then pressured him into throwing it away on 2nd and long. 3rd down CB#13 broke up the pass. I don't know who the RT is for LSU but he is having trouble blocking me.

I just returned the ball and saw a brand new tackling animation. I was running to my left and a defender grabbed me, spun me 160 degrees and threw me down on the ground to my right without even going down with me.
My first drive as FSU was a 3 and out. I subbed in QB#9 with 84 speed and was too carried away with trying to scramble. He could outrun the defensive linemen but those linebackers contain well. My third down play I ran it with HB#3 who had a stiff arm animation where he knocked down two defenders at once. Unfortunately the animation send him diagonally out of bounds or that play would have been sweet. Still a cool animation to see two defenders trying to gang tackle you and having them both get pushed to the ground. I will switch to controlling LSU so I can see their freshman QB.

WOW! That was one of the most exciting plays ever!!! Unfortunately I didn't get to test the freshman QB but that was incredible. I was about 36 yards out and ran a HB Slam (run to my left between the guard and tackle). I juked outside with HB#22 and before I knew it no one was near me and I had the angle on the corner that was following my receiver. *I need to note that db's don't know that it is a run until they see the run, so they sometimes chase the receiver downfield and forget to turn around. Anyway, HB#22 ran down the left sideline all the way to the 6. I believe the safety stood me up, but HB#22 drove his legs (which is a new animation) and the safety fell down and I managed to get to the 1 where my hb was tackled by another player. I just felt it was fair to reward him with a TD. The score is now LSU 7, FSU 0.

PSX

The owner has a crap load of impressions now...game looks tight!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »