Home

Some info off of the PSXSports.com forums...

This is a discussion on Some info off of the PSXSports.com forums... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2005, 04:01 PM   #49
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Some info off of the PSXSports.com forums...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I understand that most everyone on this board only wants to read positive things about this game and Madden. But "revolutionary"? C''mon. Last time I checked, Mario running was still in both games, there still isn't any half-time or end-game highlight shows or custom stadium soundtracks, and QB's still lob the long ball with pin-point accuracy time after time (if the 100 or so IGN videos are any indication). The guy seems to be most impressed that he could knock down 2 guys with one stiff arm. Sounds like the EA kool-aid has worked its magic again with the press.

Sorry...I'll let you guys alone to enjoy your game now. I guess none of us will really know how much has changed until the games are released.

It never fails.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #50
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
It never fails.
lol
Old 06-26-2005, 04:11 PM   #51
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzzz414
I so tired hearing saying "who give a damn about ratings". Well, obviously alot of people care, if you keep having to ask about it. I realize that it probably will get very tedious if you started to type off every little rating of a player because he is your best friend's cousin. But one of the things that caught my eye about this site was that Steve (i think) posted screen shots of ratings. I think it was NCAA 2002, he would show screen shots of the depth chart. That was sweet to me because that it was something that stuck out to me. That is something that I could see and no one could lie about of have a different opinion on. Every year, you hear the same thing by the people who preview the game, no matter what site.
"the pass defense is better"
"the computer actually runs the ball"
"the recruiting is better"
"the offense line is better"
"this is the best one yet"
But every year we are asking these same questions every year, because we find out that they haven't changed. If you can show me one preview post on 2005 that said that the game was garbage (which it was), then I'll eat some humble pie. I don't know, do people think that if they give HONEST feedback on the preview, that EA might not give then one for next year? Or maybe it is just that they are so pumped to play the game that their perception of the game is blurred. There was one website last year (the one with poo diddy) that had a preview copy. They said the same typical preview stuff like every one else did. But he also took out some time to spit off the ratings of some teams by request . Not every attribute, but the player jersey number, and their overall rating. He did them by team. Not one player, but the whole team. Every one was praising him for taking the time to answer the questions that people who couldn't play wanted to hear.
I know that the previewers want to play the game and not take the time to just spit off ratings to people. But there are ways of compromising. But don't keep saying that no one wants to hear ratings, because that is just not true. I don't think that isnt is not too much to ask to ask to dedicate an hour or two a day to post some ratings for people who don't have the ability to play the game a couiple of weeks early. But to say that on one wants to hear ratings, is like saying "I don't feel like talking about something that I don't care about." and not what everybody thinks.
This is not a shot to just this site, because I think that this is true to almost every site. And I expect to hear alot of rebuttals in honest self defense. And by some people who wants to suck up to the powers that be. But I feel that this a site based on opinions, and on one should be shut up (or banned) on their opinions if it dosen't agree on the majority. I do believe that gameplay is the most important part,and the main point of the previews. Just don't say that "No one wants to hear about ratings." because I don't think that is true
2005 wasn't garabe. It just wasn't as good as 2004. Get over it.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2005, 04:24 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
the problem lies at the fact player ratings DO NOT (and really should not) detemine whether someone purchases a game. For those people unsure about the purchase of the game on release day, who gives a crap about ratings, people want honest impressions of the gameplay. And there isnt alot of time or resources to provide ALL the gameplay answers... so we should weed out the things we can change like RATINGS.

it all comes down to money and the intangibles in the gameplay. Ratings are just ratings and should have zero affect on your purchase.
I agree that ratings should not have an effect on a purchase. But I also think that about 99 percent of the people on the NCAA board are planning on buying this game anyway. I just think that the hardcore gamers will buy the game regardless on if you say the game is crappy or not. Even though we know that no previewer will say that it's crap.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:25 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
2005 wasn't garabe. It just wasn't as good as 2004. Get over it.
You might be in the minority in this one. But I may be wrong.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:48 PM   #54
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzzz414
You might be in the minority in this one. But I may be wrong.
Count me in as a minority then......
Old 06-26-2005, 05:05 PM   #55
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSU_Wulfpack
Count me in as a minority then......
me too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2005, 05:32 PM   #56
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Oh...MY...GOD!

Quote:
I wish the world could have seen this play. Officially the most amazing play I've seen ever. Back in NCAA 2004, Marion Barber had three jukes that scored on a 70 yard TD. This play tops that! 3 seconds left in the half. I am Oklahoma and I run a screen pass from my own 15. After throwing the ball to HB#28, I pause to let my lineman set up their blocks as I am going against a nickel D. 3 USC players converge on me. They only have two man gang tackling animations, so two of them wrap me up (one of which is SS#20). The third USC defender stands their waiting. HB#28 runs through both defenders knocking them into the third, waiting defender and they all fall over. Then #29 comes up to tackle me immediately after and HB#28 doesn't stiff arm him, but swats him (like he is brushing him off) and sits #29 on the ground! This is all happening around the 30 yard line and HB#28 (thanks to breakaway speed) runs 70 more yards untouched!!! I zoomed out the replay and he is gaining ground on the pursuing defenders! No Tecmo Bowl zig zags here! I really wish I could capture this replay on video because Oklahoma fans would go crazy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »