Home

OPM gives NCAA Football 2006 4/5.. Criticizes inside blocking..

This is a discussion on OPM gives NCAA Football 2006 4/5.. Criticizes inside blocking.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 01:09 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
OPM gives NCAA Football 2006 4/5.. Criticizes inside blocking..

Just got my Official Playstation Magazine and they gave NCAA Football a good review, but were critical of the Chase of the Heisman mode, as well as the inside blocking.

Quote:
That said, race for the Heisman is still not all that much different from the dynasty mode -- there's just greater tendency to stack your player's stats. So, for example, if you're playing as a halfback, you may find youself running the ball a little more than you normall would; likewise, if you're a quarterback, you might throw the ball more... Otherwise, the race for the Heisman mode is just a slightly different coat of paint that is interesting for a few seasons, but doesn't quite hold your attention like the dynasty mode does, especially now that the dynasty mode has the incredible useful in-season recruiting option
Regarding the criticism of Chase for the Heisman, I am not sure it's valid criticism of the game as much as it is the player, and their ability to play realistic football.

Quote:
As far as gameplay goes, there are still a few issues, particularly with blocking. While downfield blocking seems to be really well done, inside blocking still has some problems. It just doesn't really feel like you can tear through a hole unless it's the size of the Grand Canyon. The assortment of jukes and stutter steps helps, as do the impact-player special moves, but generally inside running still feels a little clumsy.
Quote:
Pros: Finely tuned gameplay, new presentation elements, minigames, in-season recruiting.

Cons: Race for Heisman falls a little short, impact-player special moves feel out of place

Final Score: 4/5

Note: OPM gave NCAA Football 2005 4.5/5, and NCAA Football 2004 5/5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
No end in sight...

OVR: 20
Re: OPM gives NCAA Football 2006 4/5.. Criticizes inside blocking..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
Just got my Official Playstation Magazine and they gave NCAA Football a good review, but were critical of the Chase of the Heisman mode, as well as the inside blocking.

Regarding the criticism of Chase for the Heisman, I am not sure it's valid criticism of the game as much as it is the player, and their ability to play realistic football.
so this rated LOWER than 2005?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:12 PM   #3
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

They gave 2005 a 4.5/5....they have no credibility...lol
Old 06-27-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3

to me RFTH is just agimmick to being with, ill probably try it out when i first get the game then get on with my dynasty. theres really no new features this year, only hoping for some much needed AI and gameplay tweaks.

and i never had problems running inside, is he expecting 15 yards a carry in there?

any mention of how effective the pipeline recruiting was? or if we have a north texas repeat this year in dynastys?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:15 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
Yes, that's correct. They gave NCAA 2003 and 2004 perfect 5's, NCAA 2005 4.5/5, and NCAA 2006 4/5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2005, 01:15 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

inside blocking will be a problem until the next gen consoles.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
This can't be good.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 06-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwood
any mention of how effective the pipeline recruiting was? or if we have a north texas repeat this year in dynastys?
The only mention of recruiting in the review was quoted above, "..[Chase for the Heisman] doesn't hold your attention quite like the dynasty mode does, especially now that the dynasty mode has the incredibly useful in-season recruiting option."

The article is about 1/3 of a page, with pictures taking up the other 2/3. It's rather brief, more of an overview, with some praise and criticism, but doesn't go in depth with the recruiting at all.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »