Home

Did EA tone down the scores of simmed games?

This is a discussion on Did EA tone down the scores of simmed games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
R**k**

OVR: 3
Did EA tone down the scores of simmed games?

One question I have that I have not seen addressed is about the sim engine. After it being pretty damn good for years, it seemed to be ridiculously high last year. Way too many games going into the 60's and even 70 and 80 point wins in simmed games.

I hope they toned it down a bit to more realistic levels this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2005, 10:52 PM   #2
Rookie

sorceri's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Did EA tone down the scores of simmed games?

Along this line - I notice that several of the skill stats for the various teams seemed odd. Perhaps someone could tell me if they are accurate reflections of true-to-life performance, close, or as off-the-rocker as grandma. For instance EVERY QB in the country has a QB%>50 at the end of a simmed dynasty, deflections are very low (I cannot duplicate this for played games on any slider setting - My secondary ALWAYS leads the nation at the end of a played season using even using coach mode), and RB broken tackles are also very low compared to played games.

So my curiosity is picqued, Has the sim engine been adjusted to fix the skill stats as well as the scores?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:37 PM   #3
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Did EA tone down the scores of simmed games?

My thing with the sim engine was that even the QBs with 80+ SPD always seemed to have pitiful rushing yardage unless they were in an option heavy offense.

My Video Game Streams

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »