Home

So, what exactly are the differences between Race for the Heisman and Dynasty modes?

This is a discussion on So, what exactly are the differences between Race for the Heisman and Dynasty modes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
Rookie

jcarr71's Arena

OVR: 2
So, what exactly are the differences between Race for the Heisman and Dynasty modes?

They seem like the same exact thing, as far as I understand it. RFTH just has a Heisman presentation video, an extremely lame dorm room, you add a created player to the team, and then lose the ability to recruit? Is that it? Why would anyone want to play this mode? I don't get it. You could just add a created player to your team and not lose the ability to recruit. I don't think anyone could possibly miss the dorm room, and perhaps the Heisman trophy presentation is included in normal dynasty, but probably not.

It strikes me as if they did nearly absolutely nothing and called it a brand new feature. I mean, what is the most difficult thing they did for it? Port the mini camp over from Madden? What am I missing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
Rookie

iag04ho's Arena

Re: So, what exactly are the differences between Race for the Heisman and Dynasty mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarr71
They seem like the same exact thing, as far as I understand it. RFTH just has a Heisman presentation video, an extremely lame dorm room, you add a created player to the team, and then lose the ability to recruit? Is that it? Why would anyone want to play this mode? I don't get it. You could just add a created player to your team and not lose the ability to recruit. I don't think anyone could possibly miss the dorm room, and perhaps the Heisman trophy presentation is included in normal dynasty, but probably not.

It strikes me as if they did nearly absolutely nothing and called it a brand new feature. I mean, what is the most difficult thing they did for it? Port the mini camp over from Madden? What am I missing?
lol thats what ive been saying...just a cheap addition by EA to get ppl to believe they actually changed something...tisk tisk
Old 06-30-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: So, what exactly are the differences between Race for the Heisman and Dynasty modes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarr71

I agree, they do sound like the same thing.
The boys are the squarest,
Of any old school that I knew.
There is no place like Nebraska,
Where they're all true blue.
We'll all stick together,
In all kinds of weather,
For Dear old Nebraska U!

Won't change this signature until Nebraska wins the National Championship...posted 8/16/05
Old 06-30-2005, 09:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: So, what exactly are the differences between Race for the Heisman and Dynasty modes?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm guessing you are an ESPN fan?

I could really care less how similar they are. I'm not buying the game because of either of them so it doesn't matter much to me.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:10 PM   #5
Rookie

jcarr71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81

I could really care less how similar they are. I'm not buying the game because of either of them so it doesn't matter much to me.
No. ESPN is okay, but NCAA 2004 was better. If I had to pick a new football game now it'd be Madden, but I still prefer NCAA 2004. I played a game in my old Syracuse dynasty a week or so ago, actually. I am still way too good at that game though; I win by 40 on Heisman every game. I hated 2005 though, what a horrid game considering how good 2004 was. I barely spent the time to get good enough to win 75% of the time on all-american, let alone heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2005, 09:12 PM   #6
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: So, what exactly are the differences between Race for the Heisman and Dynasty mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81

i am, i cant live without dynasty mode. but the 1st 2 posters are spot on. its just a lame gimmick, no more. but we all knew that going in.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:56 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

I've been thinking the same thing...I just don't get it, there is nothing "unique" about as I had hoped. It's just like a regular game and everything, I was expecting some featue where you only play as your impact player, and don't pick plays and so on, like you were actually on the team. I just thought it would've been done differently, doesn't matter tho, no big deal...

They should've added 1-AA dynasty instead....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »