Home

Official NCAA 06 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 06 Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2005, 04:47 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official NCAA 06 Impressions Thread

Stats

Alabama (me)

QB #12 15-28 141 yards 2 tds 1 pick(impact)
HB #34 28 car 122 yards 2 tds 11 BTK 24 yard td run (impact)

Mid Tenn St.

Forgot to get numbers

QB 13-26 215 1 td 5 picks(impact) pressure caused the 5 picks and it wasnt all blitzing mixing coverages and my front four against their weak line.

RB 20 car 146 yards 1 td 68 yard td run 12 BTK Impact

Quick note. They had a spread playbook. A lot of multi reciever sets. The cpu run was on a shotgun 4 wide draw.

Last edited by Woodson2424; 07-02-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson2424
Stats

Alabama (me)

QB #12 15-28 141 yards 2 tds 1 pick(impact)
HB #34 28 car 122 yards 2 tds 11 BTK 24 yard td run

Mid Tenn St.

Forgot to get numbers

QB 13-26 215 1 td 5 picks(impact) pressure caused the 5 picks and it wasnt all blitzing mixing coverages and my front four against their weak line.

RB 20 car 146 yards 1 td 68 yard td run 12 BTK Impact

Quick note. They had a spread playbook. A lot of multi reciever sets. The cpu run was on a shotgun 4 wide draw.
Looks good. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2005, 04:52 PM   #51
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Is punt returns to easy?

A few that have the game say their way to easy. All of them are playing on AA though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2005, 04:57 PM   #52
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
Just a simple question that I'm sure has already been answered elsewhere...what is Ohio State and UC rated overall?
Ohio State
Overall - B+
Offense - B
Defense - A+

Cincinnati
Overall - C
Offense - C
Defense - C-
Old 07-02-2005, 05:07 PM   #53
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock_11
Ohio State
Overall - B+
Offense - B
Defense - A+

Cincinnati
Overall - C
Offense - C
Defense - C-
Thanks. I didn't realize OSU's defense was supposed to be that good...

My Blog
Old 07-02-2005, 05:16 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Is punt returns to easy?

A few that have the game say their way to easy. All of them are playing on AA though.
I played on Heisman and not they are not easy, had very little to no success that game. My kickoff average was terrible until I sprung loose for the 104 yarder to seal the game.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #55
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

Some initial Impressions (XBOX version):

-Graphics are much improved. The uniforms are much brighter and the lighting is excellent. Kentucky has their throwback uniforms in the game (looks like the Colts uniform) which is really cool.

-Controls take awhile to get used to. I still can't switch players well at all on defense (B button) because I quit playing NCAA 2005 only last week. Also you use the hit stick to do swim moves and that kind of stuff with the DL. On offense I hate having to use the right joystick to do jukes, its really uncomfortable. EA did include an option to use all the controls from 2005, which is cool. The only thing you can't do like 2005 is bring up and down the passing menu.

-Computer has been running for negative yards (I'm playing on All-American) in most of my games. And that is with a C+ defense against C+ offenses or B- offense. Hopefully this will be fine once I mess with the sliders and move it up to Heisman.

-Computer Offensive line is terrible on default All-American as well. You can easily get around 6-10 sacks a game against a team of camparable strength. Again Heisman and sliders will easily fix this.

-Hail Mary is a money play. You can hit a big one every 2 tries. Hopefully heisman and sliders will fix this.

-Running the ball up the middle is possible but still not as effective as running to the outside. You can actually do a QB draw which is cool. On default All-American, option is way too powerful, you'll get around 20 yards nearly every option (this might be because I pass around 70% of the time though).

-There isn't a drop problem anymore, unless you're running a horizontal Crossing route, in which they sometimes have the same problem as 2004 and 2005 (they don't drop it, it just hits their chest and falls off). It is less frequent than past games though.

-the CPU DB AI is much better now at defending longs passes unless you do hailmary.

-WRs will change their route if you are running around for a while in the pocket. This is is such a nice feature.

-Rosters look really accurate. I don't think any players are rated worst than 2005. For example we have a running back who is 3rd string and he is still rated a 85, while the #1 in real life is rated a 74. Also the 85 rated guy sucked last season and had terrible stats (he was rated 85 last year). On the other hand it looked like EA forgot to upgrade a few players' ratings. We have a DT who was Freshmen All-American and his rating is still something absurd like a 56 (same as 2005).

-still can't edit class or homestate or hometown

-Depth charts need a lot of work. You might have 2 LEs rated high and some terrible REs, but the one LE won't be moved to the RE spot. And true freshmen aren't always on the depth chart initially. Hopefully Fairdale Kings will fix all this.

-I don't know if I messed something up when I turned the game on, but after I picked my favorite team the game automatically sent me to that Race for the Heisman mode. This doesn't happen anymore when I turn the game on.

-Kicking meter is same as Madden 2005 now

-CPU players are controlled better now. They won't just slide right off the field if they catch the ball near the sideline, they will actually go forward

-still unsure if the game counts a tackle if you tackle a guy and knock him out of bounds??? ANYONE?

-Gang tackling works perfect

-sliders give you a code that tells what you picked. This is cool, because you will be able to go on here and just post your code if you got some really slick sliders, so we won't have to manually edit each thing like +5 or +7.

-Commentary is great.

-Hit stick is in

-The EA trax are good so far. The menus are really cool, with the NCAA footage. I couldn't get over how fast Ohio State RB #45 was. I'm guessing that was Archie Griffin, but man, he must be the fastest player ever. Also loved seeing Peyton Manning throw an awesome pass to WR #6.

-there is still the problem with black players appearing as most of the recruits in states like Idaho and North and South Dakota. NOTE to EA there is about a 5% chance that a recruit would be black if he came from these states. No big deal, but if they want the game to be 100% accurate they would change this. Also you can't recruit players from Polynesia or Europe.

-Kentucky has the outline of the state on the 30 yards lines now. They have pipelines in Kentucky, Ohio, Georgia, and West Virginia. And they start out with a 2 star program prestige and a 4 star academic prestige. Duke has a 6 star academic prestige and Vandy is 5 star. Most schools are 3 star academic.

Overall this looks like it could be one of the best videogames ever made. Hopefully the sliders will fix all the gameplay problems, and we'll get a perfect game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2005, 05:21 PM   #56
Rookie

Also wanted to note that toss sweep did work for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »