Home

Compusa's Owner is a genius

This is a discussion on Compusa's Owner is a genius within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Compusa's Owner is a genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHokieBird
Back on topic, mabye this will teach EA a lesson in not shipping the game so early and putting a "release" date 2 weeks later. Even though I don't have the game yet, CompUSA is a champ in my book!
EA is not being taught a lesson.. If anything EA will give CompUSA a lesson in how to lose the right to sell their (EA's)games in the future.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:55 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
EA is not being taught a lesson.. If anything EA will give CompUSA a lesson in how to lose the right to sell their (EA's)games in the future.
I don't think the ability to sell EAs video games is going to make or break CompUSA. I mean they deal mostly in other things based on office needs. They really don't have that big of a market in video games.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:03 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky3
I don't think the ability to sell EAs video games is going to make or break CompUSA. I mean they deal mostly in other things based on office needs. They really don't have that big of a market in video games.
I agree... But still, they (CompUSA) could have set off a chain reaction that could really alter EA's release plans.

A few of their stores selling copies early, could result in other chains being forced to also, or for EA to lift the "lock down."

For us, this is likely a good thing, but for EA it could be a nightmare, as there is likely a reason they set the date they did. Given that, I think they will do something legally against CompUSA, regardless of much role they have in video game sales.

What I am curious about is what will happen to those managers that broke policy and sold the game early at individual stores. I am wondering to what extent their punishment could be, providing they did do something wrong, which I am assuming. Matters like this tend to go down the ladder to the individual stores, and I wonder if this could become an issue where a manager is fired for his or her actions. That might sound extreme, but this does have the potential to cause a country-wide chain reaction that will directly affect EA and when its game is released.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #20
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Icon10 Re: Compusa's Owner is a genius

You know what? The only people complaining about this is..... you guessed it the people, who don't have the game. You will have your game soon enough so stop being so Hostile.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
You know what? The only people complaining about this is..... you guessed it the people, who don't have the game. You will have your game soon enough so stop being so Hostile.
Who's being hostile?

I am expecting the game on July 12th, when it's marked for release. If it comes out before then, great, if not, it's less than two weeks away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2005, 08:50 PM   #22
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
We are not complaining and we aren't being hostile so shut it. (response from someone that badly wants the game)

My Blog
Old 07-02-2005, 09:24 PM   #23
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Just my luck, the closest CompUSA is in King of Prussia, about 100 miles away...
Old 07-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #24
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
Just my luck, the closest CompUSA is in King of Prussia, about 100 miles away...
That's my closest to and an hour away plus I looked and they don't have it. I'll just wait until what looks like a Tuesday release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »