Home

Need help...PS2 or XBOX version??

This is a discussion on Need help...PS2 or XBOX version?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 12:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Need help...PS2 or XBOX version??

Good lord, I've been debating this for like 3 weeks now. Which version should I get?? I've watched numerous videos and Xbox looks really smooth this year, but the fields all look the same with that washed-out green look. Meanwhile the PS2 fields look much better, but the rest of the game is not quite as sharp graphically! I usually go with PS2 when it comes to EA games, but dammit, xbox looks good this year and I'm struggling with the decision. Plus the fact I have the PS2 center-stage in my house on the big-screen with component hook-ups, xbox is on small tv with standard hook-ups....So, Im leaning towards PS2, somebody convice me dammit!!!! Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2005, 12:34 AM   #2
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Need help...PS2 or XBOX version??

Better graphics, better sound, better load times, no memory cards, and the Xbox HD pack only costs about 20 bucks. Seeing the type of setup you already have, I think you can afford that. Convinced?

Last edited by DickDalewood; 07-03-2005 at 12:49 AM.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:35 AM   #3
MVP

XboxRocks1991's Arena

OVR: 14

Get a grip and get the xbox version. Can you say "faster load times?"

AIM-NextGenHotShot
Old 07-03-2005, 01:10 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Ps2 better control!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-03-2005, 01:36 AM   #5
Rookie

iag04ho's Arena

OVR: 2

ps2 all the way...u have it on the big setup for a reason...who wants to play on a crap box on the crappy tv...do the right thing lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2005, 01:38 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

It's my understanding that the game is developed for PS2 originally, and then ported to Xbox.

I had PS2 and Xbox last year, and regretted getting it for Xbox. The Xbox controller is not suited well for football games IMO, especially with the option button being out of place and hard to reach (black/white buttons). I consider PS2 to be the ideal system for sports games, and will definitely be buying NCAA Football for PS2 this year.

Just think about which system you enjoy playing games on more, and then let that be the deciding factor. Asking here will just give you personal biased opinions, including my own.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:50 AM   #7
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

I guess I'm the only one to prefer the xbox controller over PS2. The online play, graphics, loading, and simulating games times are other reasons I think the xbox version is better.

Old 07-03-2005, 02:06 AM   #8
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

I solve that problem buy getting both. I really don't play any other games til Madden comes out in 6 weeks after, so, I get both because I have some friends on one system, and not on the other.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »