Home

For people who have the Game Rate it out of 100

This is a discussion on For people who have the Game Rate it out of 100 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 11:53 AM   #17
R*d B*ll G*v*s Y** W*ngs

HardwoodHeisman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: For people who have the Game Rate it out of 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
2)Gameplay just doesn't seem "tight". By that, I mean that the level of control over players isn't near to the Madden level. Sometimes when controlling my defender (usually a Safety), it's almost like I don't have total control. For example, I'll be sprinting with the Safety to make a tackle. Out of nowhere, he will do some crazy "lunging" animation as if he's being blocked and the ball carrier will get away easily. No one was even around me to block!
I think I know what it is you're referring to. Try turning OFF Auto Strafe. It used to do this to me in Madden 05 and some in NCAA 05, but after I turned it off it disappeared.

I hope thats what it is. If not, try adjusting some of the other User options and see if that stops it.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:55 AM   #18
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Also, passing isn't nearly as precise as Madden. Passes seem really "floaty" a lot of the time.
Welcome to College Football....this is a good thing.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:00 PM   #19
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Don't play me for a fool. You edited your post 21 minutes later...

thanks

OWNED!
But we all live in denial
Old 07-03-2005, 12:27 PM   #20
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Sure...I'll give it a shot.

1)DDE's are killing me. Sometimes I can't even get the game to to Main Menu without it locking up. I've booted the game up approximately 20 times since yesterday morning. I can only recall one time that I turned it off myself without being forced to do so because of a DDE at some point. Now, I've been attacked, here and at MM, for 1)spreading fear; 2)having an old, "POS" XBox; etc. Now, my XBOX was manufactured in 2002, so it's not the newest. However, why can I play Madden 2005 with minimal DDE problems (once every 10 games of so), but NCAA 2006 is almost a sure DDE? MVP Baseball 2005 has NEVER DDE's since I've owned it. How can this be anything but the game?

2)Gameplay just doesn't seem "tight". By that, I mean that the level of control over players isn't near to the Madden level. Sometimes when controlling my defender (usually a Safety), it's almost like I don't have total control. For example, I'll be sprinting with the Safety to make a tackle. Out of nowhere, he will do some crazy "lunging" animation as if he's being blocked and the ball carrier will get away easily. No one was even around me to block! Also, passing isn't nearly as precise as Madden. Passes seem really "floaty" a lot of the time.

I'm not saying this game is a bust. I'm just giving you my impressions/experience with the game. So far, it's not too good. Hopefully, a controller change will cure the lunging problem. The DDE problem is another story.
Not too shoot down your opinions, I notice you keep saying it's not like Madden, who cares thats why it's called NCAA football and not Madden, You seem to be the only person who is down plaing the game in some area's, so it make me believe you don't even have the game, and this is my opinion.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-03-2005, 12:28 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodHeisman1
I think I know what it is you're referring to. Try turning OFF Auto Strafe. It used to do this to me in Madden 05 and some in NCAA 05, but after I turned it off it disappeared.

I hope thats what it is. If not, try adjusting some of the other User options and see if that stops it.
So far I'll give it a 85/100.

Pros
-Speed is back, no more slowdown for the xbox. It is scary to play defense now because if your a bad team (I've been playing a dynasty with SMU) and you miss a tackle or two, its 6 for the other team.
-The detail is great this year. The players look so much better all the way down to how detailed the jerseys look.
- The new QB sprint with A is awesome, it makes things so much more simple.
-I just have liked a lot of the little touches that make it feel more like college football. For example I simulated a dynastym only one season, for Michigan and Henne and Hart were Heisman finalists. So when it came time to win the awards, they took me to a special Heisman trophy presentation where they went through all the 5 guys stats. And then they flash to this guy in a tux giving Mike Hart in a tux the heisman trophy. It was very simple but very cool.

Cons
-So far there have been way to many big plays on All-American, im playing with the AI sliders all the way up on All-American and against some bad teams ive been able to return punts at will, ive had to stop myself from scoring touchdowns every time.
-I have had the same control problem. But hopefully as the guy said above its just a matter of turning of the AUTO strafe. Because its been so bad that everytime I switch to a defender and hit speed burst he does that lunge animation. So I have had no way of catching a defender or tackling, so it resulted in 3 touchdowns simple because the controls were screwed up. I have tried switching from default controls and that didnt help. So hopefully the autostrafe thing will help.

Thats what I have so far, the game has a lot of room to improve here as I get settled in with sliders and things like that. Overall im still enjoying it as much as I did when It came out of the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2005, 12:47 PM   #22
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue21
So far I'll give it a 85/100.

Pros
-Speed is back, no more slowdown for the xbox. It is scary to play defense now because if your a bad team (I've been playing a dynasty with SMU) and you miss a tackle or two, its 6 for the other team.
-The detail is great this year. The players look so much better all the way down to how detailed the jerseys look.
- The new QB sprint with A is awesome, it makes things so much more simple.
-I just have liked a lot of the little touches that make it feel more like college football. For example I simulated a dynastym only one season, for Michigan and Henne and Hart were Heisman finalists. So when it came time to win the awards, they took me to a special Heisman trophy presentation where they went through all the 5 guys stats. And then they flash to this guy in a tux giving Mike Hart in a tux the heisman trophy. It was very simple but very cool.

Cons
-So far there have been way to many big plays on All-American, im playing with the AI sliders all the way up on All-American and against some bad teams ive been able to return punts at will, ive had to stop myself from scoring touchdowns every time.
-I have had the same control problem. But hopefully as the guy said above its just a matter of turning of the AUTO strafe. Because its been so bad that everytime I switch to a defender and hit speed burst he does that lunge animation. So I have had no way of catching a defender or tackling, so it resulted in 3 touchdowns simple because the controls were screwed up. I have tried switching from default controls and that didnt help. So hopefully the autostrafe thing will help.

Thats what I have so far, the game has a lot of room to improve here as I get settled in with sliders and things like that. Overall im still enjoying it as much as I did when It came out of the box.
Thanks for the impressions...let us know about that strafe issue.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #23
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22

I give it an 83 only because I haven't had a lot of time to play it since I got it yesterday (2 games)
Old 07-03-2005, 12:57 PM   #24
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Right out of the box, I'll give this game a 92/100...but in all honesty...I haven't found anything even remotely disappointing to take 8 points away. I just figure giving a perfect score isn't "right".

But I'll sum it up like this....

It just "feels" right. Gameplay is solid. TONS of new animations. There is a definite graphics upgrade..cleaner looking, more vibrant.

I can say this with certainty...for veterans of the series, after we tinker with sliders for a few weeks etc...I'm pretty sure we can get the most realistic AI yet seen in the franchise on Heisman level. AA seems too easy for me, but Heisman is actually challenging in a GOOD way. I don't feel cheated after playing the CPU on Heisman.

There is absolutely no SLOWDOWN on XBOX and there is absolutely no speed cheat either. I can't tell you how big of a difference not having a speed cheat does for Heisman. I think that is what really put this game over the top.

I am extremely confident that all of the OS vets on here will be as pleased as I am with this game. EA did one heck of a job.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »