Home

Couldn't take it...bought used PS2 copy of 05' to hold me over!!

This is a discussion on Couldn't take it...bought used PS2 copy of 05' to hold me over!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Couldn't take it...bought used PS2 copy of 05' to hold me over!!

Yes, I know this is sad.....but, I barely played 2005 because the "slowdown" was unbearable for me on the xbox version. However, I never even gave the PS2 version a shot. So, as I was hounding the clerk at EB about 06, I saw 05 for $12 and bought it. God, I'm so addicted...I feel like a crack addict or something. I'll try to squeeze in a year of dynasty before trading next week!! I'm hoping this will stop me from my "trying to find the game early addiction"....HAAAA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Couldn't take it...bought used PS2 copy of 05' to hold me over!!

wow man

yeh ill be playin mine more with madden too
Old 07-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Should have picked up NCAA 2004 instead.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:18 PM   #4
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Should have picked up NCAA 2004 instead.
Yep, 2004 is light years ahead of 2005.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:22 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Yep, 2004 is light years ahead of 2005.
I gave my NCAA 2005 for the PS2 to my cousin. Then I started to jones for NCAA but I still own my 2004. I put it in and this game is so good. I still had blacklovers rosters and I played a few games. This is the best football game for this generation. Maybe 2006 change my mind but this game feel so right. It was like finding an old friend. Take the 2005 back and pick up 2004 you wont regret it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2005, 03:13 PM   #6
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuckley
Yes, I know this is sad.....but, I barely played 2005 because the "slowdown" was unbearable for me on the xbox version. However, I never even gave the PS2 version a shot. So, as I was hounding the clerk at EB about 06, I saw 05 for $12 and bought it. God, I'm so addicted...I feel like a crack addict or something. I'll try to squeeze in a year of dynasty before trading next week!! I'm hoping this will stop me from my "trying to find the game early addiction"....HAAAA
WOW you couldn't wait one week, you bought a complete system and then you bought 05 wghen 06 is coming in one week.......WOW, I don't think you addicted, I think you just out of your mind, one week fellow.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-05-2005, 03:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

i actually went and re-bought '05 too.......LOL
Old 07-05-2005, 03:39 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I started late on 05 but don't let these guy's convince you about the game. You have to play it for yourself and establish some good sliders. Once you get some good sliders that fit your playing style the game plays very good. I have the PS2 version aswell and half the damn problems most of these guy's try to fault the game with just doesn't exist to the extent most of them are speaking of with the games I play.

I think many of them became impatient because the defense actually existed in 05 and they got to comfortable with moving the ball at will in 04 so they just assumed 05 was the lesser of the two games. I have both games and still play 04 occasionally, yet I prefer 05 because it's more challenging with correct sliders. The passing game complaints are so overblown it's crazy. I complete damn near 53-58% of my passes every game and that's with a bad QB and I play with QB ACC at 7 and WR catch only at 13.

You just have put the time into the game and for some people early frustration with a game is a means for FAILURE. Meaning they will start finding more flaws with the game as opposed with themselves. But you just have to play for yourself and adjust as you go along with gameplay.

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-05-2005 at 03:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »