Home

People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine...

This is a discussion on People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2005, 01:07 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine...

For those saying there's no slowdown, good for you. I'm an early HDTV adopter and play all my games in widescreen and 480p (and games like MVP in 720p). Be forwarned that I work in television and because of this have a more sensitive eye for things like these. I would not have posted this if it wasn't the case. If you guys don't see it then that's great, but I see it (not 99% of the time, maybe 60%). This reminds me of last year when the first person to announce slowdown in the XBOX version was eaten alive but later everyone realized he was telling the truth. Yes, I have everything set up correctly, I play on a 46" CRT and a 92" projector (where the slowdown is even more obvious). Again, I do think I'm more sensitive to drops in framerate, and I'm not saying don't buy the game because even if you have to put it in 4:3 it's by no means a gamekiller. Other than that, I'm enjoying it, most of the gameplay bugs from last year were fixed, and the impact player feature rocks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #42
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsguy
For those saying there's no slowdown, good for you. I'm an early HDTV adopter and play all my games in widescreen and 480p (and games like MVP in 720p). Be forwarned that I work in television and because of this have a more sensitive eye for things like these. I would not have posted this if it wasn't the case. If you guys don't see it then that's great, but I see it (not 99% of the time, maybe 60%). This reminds me of last year when the first person to announce slowdown in the XBOX version was eaten alive but later everyone realized he was telling the truth. Yes, I have everything set up correctly, I play on a 46" CRT and a 92" projector (where the slowdown is even more obvious). Again, I do think I'm more sensitive to drops in framerate, and I'm not saying don't buy the game because even if you have to put it in 4:3 it's by no means a gamekiller. Other than that, I'm enjoying it, most of the gameplay bugs from last year were fixed, and the impact player feature rocks.
at this point, im just not seeing it. when you put this game next to 2005, its not even close. like i said i have seen SLIGHT slowdown occasionlly when you get about 6 or 7 yards right down the middle of the field, but it is by no means even comparable to 2005. I was the biggest 05 ***** around, and i would tell ya if the slowdown was still there. i think you might have a bad copy.

what kind of cables do you have?
Old 07-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #43

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
at this point, im just not seeing it. when you put this game next to 2005, its not even close. like i said i have seen SLIGHT slowdown occasionlly when you get about 6 or 7 yards right down the middle of the field, but it is by no means even comparable to 2005. I was the biggest 05 ***** around, and i would tell ya if the slowdown was still there. i think you might have a bad copy.

what kind of cables do you have?
Cables would make zero difference whatsoever.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:09 PM   #44
No end in sight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Cables would make zero difference whatsoever.
well im jsut trying to figure out what this guy is seeing
Old 07-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
well im jsut trying to figure out what this guy is seeing

I'm running monster component cables from the Microsoft HD breakout box. After reading what you said I went back to play in widescreen and I noticed a couple of things. When I played a game between small teams and there were no announcers and no crowd interaction, the game ran much smoother. So I went to the other extreme and played UF/Tenn at UF and the slowdown was obvious. I then turned off homefield advantage completely, and while it alleviated it, it was still there. I played the same game in 4:3 and it runs smoothly. Maybe playing the game in 4:3 made me realize that it is running slower in 16:9 (meaning, if you never see how it plays when it's smooth, you won't have a point of reference).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2005, 04:05 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm using Monster Component cables from my PS2 to my HDTV and I do have it setup in PS2 and in game for 16:9 widescreen.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-06-2005, 04:07 PM   #47
No end in sight...

well maybe since ive been 2005 lately, this game just feels better to me. if slowdown is there, i cant notice- yet
Old 07-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
well maybe since ive been 2005 lately, this game just feels better to me. if slowdown is there, i cant notice- yet

I refuse to play in 4:3 mode. I only have 1 4:3 native TV in the house as it is. WS is the only way to go. If this is indeed true, time to head to EA to stomp someone's *** for not realizing it's the year 2005, and WS is becoming the standard. I don't even know anyone who doesn't have a WS TV anymore

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »