Home

+++ SN's Realism Rules +++

This is a discussion on +++ SN's Realism Rules +++ within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #9
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: +++ SN's Realism Rules +++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Nature
It could be used in Race to the Heisman mode to avoid favoritisms for runningbacks or such.
That's actually a good idea if you want to feel like the player instead of the coach.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:34 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD0290
That's actually a good idea if you want to feel like the player instead of the coach.
I actually use the "ask Corso" or equivalent feature when I play offline in any football game for exactly this reason. Not all the time, but I'd say I'm about 50/50.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:37 PM   #11
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I would never abide by most of these rules.
Quote:
- Must use "Ask Corso" on every offensive play and execute it. It's a great tool to have realistic games. It will hold you back from tempting to use your "favorite/money" plays, which can downplay your experience. Winning the game by "Ask Corso" is more rewarding and qualified.
Why would I allow Corso to strategize for me?

Quote:
- If you feel like the field goal is possible, but "Ask Corso" wants you to punt or go for fourth down, you may gamble and kick a field goal. Same thing for punting. Going for 4th down is not allowed unless you are down by 21 at any point or losing the game after 2 minutes warning in either first or second half.
How is this realistic? Teams often go for it when they're in good field position or their defense is not playing well.

Quote:
- Do not scramble with the QB more than 10 times per game, unless "Ask Corso" tells you so.
So what happens if the defense gets pressure on you more than 10 times?

Quote:
- On defense, do not change your chosen player after the computer hikes the ball, learn to trust your defense. Your teammates can make mistakes in real life, so can your computer-controlled defenders.
The fun, for me, is being involved in as many plays as possible. How would I get sacks if I play safety? How would I get interceptions if I play DL? But I might do this in the Race for the Heisman mode if I ever played it.

Quote:
- Do not move your defenders to different places from their original assignment. That also means you can't move your own chosen defender. Don't blitz outside if your assignment is playing zone. PLAY TO YOUR ASSIGNMENTS!
I'm all for playing your assignment. But players move all the time. That's how QBs anticipate blitzes.

Quote:
- Avoid using excessive shifting to create "nanoblitz". Limit yourself to two shifts and two defensive hot routes.
I've been meaning to ask what a nanoblitz is.

Excessive shifts are unrealistic, but hot routes help to create defenses that are not in the playbook. I wouldn't use more than one or two hot routes on defense, but I wouldn't mind someone using more on me.

Quote:
- Do not select the same defensive plays constantly.
Tell that to real life teams that sit in cover 2 for almost the entire game, less goaline, short yardage, 3rd & long, ect.

Quote:
- No onsides kicks unless you are losing by 21 at any point or losing the game after 2 minutes warning in either first or second half.
But teams use them in real life in surprise situations.

So, if I'm losing by 10 with 3 minutes left, I shouldn't onside kick?

Quote:
- No speedy WRs or CBs is allowed to play as your quarterback, unless they did in real life. If so, limit yourself to one or two trick plays with them. For example, Ted Ginn's QB sneak/option in Alamo Bowl against Oklahoma State.
Agreed!

I'm all for realism, but you seem to have unrealistic expectations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2005, 12:39 PM   #12
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Yeah, after attempting to play few games without using "Ask Corso" feature. I can feel like I can control my playcalling without using money plays often.

I'll agree with everyone else. I should revise it and take Ask Corso out. It should be only advised to players who have problems with avoiding "money" plays.

It could be used in Race to the Heisman mode to avoid favoritisms for runningbacks or such.
Great idea for using "ask corso" in Race for the Heisman. I've heard people complain about cheesing and/or feeding your WR or RB the ball to pad stats. Using "ask corso" would help eliminate those tendencies. Of course, the bottom line is self control... don't cheese.

As for using "ask corso" in dynasty mode, to each his own. I'm not a money play coach, so I'm not worried about playing unrealistically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »