Home

Should I open the PS2 or wait for the Xbox

This is a discussion on Should I open the PS2 or wait for the Xbox within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2005, 10:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Should I open the PS2 or wait for the Xbox

the load times alone should seal your decision to go with the Xbox version.

It's that big a difference.

-Noah
Old 07-09-2005, 11:42 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

The grass textures look better in the ps2 version, but the players are better detailed in the xbox version. This is nitpicking but the grass in the xbox version still looks too 'unwatered' to me and stuff like that bugs me. Slowdown is there on the ps2 version but not a game killer, only happens to me maybe 1 out of 4 games and lasts for a play or two. If you want to compare how the xbox version looks like and you have it on ps2, you can play the tutorial movies since most of them use the xbox version as the film. Impact Player tutorial is all Xbox graphics I believe.

You should be happy with either version.

Last edited by hyacinth1; 07-09-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #11
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I have the Xbox version and the load times are, wait there are no load times, cause the game loads so fast it's not even an issue, the game runs so smooth this year too, I haven't seen "ANY" slow down what so ever in my game, and I think the graphics just look so damn clean this year, It's nice. like I said I can't stress how good it feel's that the load times are beyond fast.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I was in the same situation. I have the Xbox version reserved and paid off at EB, but I was able to snag a PS2 copy at Target this past Thursday. I haven't played NCAA on the PS2 since 2002, so I didn't know what to expect. I actually broke down and opened it and I don't regret my decision. This game is vastly improved. The grass textures are MUCH better on the PS2 and I didn't even notice the load times. Additionally, the colors seem richer than the NCAA's of the past on Xbox. With that said, I'm still picking up the Xbox version this Tuesday and will probably keep it because of the unlimited saves and hopefully better overall crispness and player detail everyone else has been describing. Meanwhile, I have been playing this game non-stop and will most likely trade the PS2 version in to finish my pre-order of Madden for the Xbox. The way I see it, I have the best of both worlds right now, as I get to enjoy this great game while still waiting for the version I originally wanted. I didn't buy the PS2 version just to look at the box. I say open it and enjoy until Tuesday.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #13
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman
I was in the same situation. I have the Xbox version reserved and paid off at EB, but I was able to snag a PS2 copy at Target this past Thursday. I haven't played NCAA on the PS2 since 2002, so I didn't know what to expect. I actually broke down and opened it and I don't regret my decision. This game is vastly improved. The grass textures are MUCH better on the PS2 and I didn't even notice the load times. Additionally, the colors seem richer than the NCAA's of the past on Xbox. With that said, I'm still picking up the Xbox version this Tuesday and will probably keep it because of the unlimited saves and hopefully better overall crispness and player detail everyone else has been describing. Meanwhile, I have been playing this game non-stop and will most likely trade the PS2 version in to finish my pre-order of Madden for the Xbox. The way I see it, I have the best of both worlds right now, as I get to enjoy this great game while still waiting for the version I originally wanted. I didn't buy the PS2 version just to look at the box. I say open it and enjoy until Tuesday.
you said "I didn't even notice the load times"....lol....trust me you will notice it's like night and day.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-09-2005, 02:43 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

The PS2 seems to load up in under 10 seconds from the start. Like I said, I'm an Xbox guy but the load times on the PS2 are a non factor IMO.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:52 PM   #15
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

I'd wait for the XBox version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 05:15 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Rutledge
LOL with the Thread Nazis around, people are now apologizing in advance for starting threads.

Ever read the book 1984, where those little kids would turn their own parents in to the Thought Police if they said something against the government in the privacy of their own homes? LOL that's what this is like with all these douches (not mods mind you) running around scolding you for opening threads.

BTW I apologize in advance if I offended anyone, please don't turn me in to the Thread Police!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ "Thread Nazis" lol.. man can I use that term? lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »