Home

Last minute fun with 2005?....

This is a discussion on Last minute fun with 2005?.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2005, 07:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Last minute fun with 2005?....

First off, let me say that i am one of the few on here that actually enjoyed NCAA 2005. No, it was not as good as 2004, but it was a game that i really enjoyed. Note, i have the PS2 version, so i didnt have the slowdown problem. And now, as we move on to another year in the series, i plan to get some last minute games with 05' in. Just curious if any of yall are doing the same.

I recently played my dynasty that i started a month ago (when the 06 buzz started) and now i am 5 years into it. To open up my sixth season, i played against FSU with Mississippi State. Playing on the Heisman level with some adjusted sliders, i found myself getting some very realistic results. It was one of the more fun, and realistic games i played. By the way, i scored a touchdown with a minute left to win the game 17-10....Go State.

If someone wants to play an 05 online game (str8 gm only) later, let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Rookie

Xensai's Arena

Re: Last minute fun with 2005?....

Yea me and a friend started dual dynasties, I used Michigan and he used FSU.

Wanted to try something new after using LSU for so long.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:56 AM   #3
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree. I am still playing it to this day. Like you said it's not as good as 2004, but I still thought it was a good game and have played it a ton. I am currently in year 15 of my dynasty. All 15 with UF and I also added Wisconsin to the same dynasty about 6 years ago. I will be playing most of this weekend as well cause I'm determined to finish my current season before I get NCAA 2006.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:36 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

I've been playing some exhibitions lately. Also doing some messing around in the practice mode, which I don't think I ever used before recently. Practice is alot of fun, I will probably go straight into practice when I get 2006. The main thing that bothers me about 05, that I hear is wonderfully implemented in 2006, is that there is no breakaway opportunity. In practice, I ran about 200+ plays from the opposite 10 yard line, and I scored one time.

Fun game to play while waiting for 06 though.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Xensai's Arena

Wut im wondering is, in 2006, if they fixed the def/off catching. Iono if it was just me, but in 05, both the def and off sucked at catching even when you tried to user it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 03:19 PM   #6
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

i liked it as well. i have been playing it since the first day it came out.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:04 PM   #7
Rookie

I have been playing it alot also. But, ive just been playing Rivalry games and stuff. I've recently played Virginia Tech/Miami, Virginia Tech/Virginia, Virginia Tech/West Virginia, Texas/Ohio State (maybe not a rivalry game, but I was watching ESPNEWS last night, and they were counting down some big matchups this year, and saw the Texas visiting Ohio State matchup, so I just decided to try it on the game,) Ohio State/Michigan, umm....Texas/Oklahoma, and I can't really remember any more. I plan on playing it all the rest of this weekend though, nevermind...I'll just play it til Tuesday.
San Antonio Spurs
Virginia Tech Hokies (Football)
Duke Blue Devils (Basketball)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »