Home

Got a good question about NCAA 2006

This is a discussion on Got a good question about NCAA 2006 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2005, 05:05 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Got a good question about NCAA 2006

Okay, Im phsyched to pick up my game at midnight. Im all about the chase/race for the Heisman. I have a question though. Does anyone know if there is going to be a player lock on the game? Or even have it so you dont even call the plays, you just play your position just like you would in real life? I dont want to be a WR and still control the quarter back and throw my own man the ball. I want to be the WR and run my own route and hope i can get open so the CPU controlled QB can throw me the ball. For me that would be uber realistic, I just dont know if it's possible. Anyone know??

Let a brotha know whats up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Got a good question about NCAA 2006

That would be nice if you could just play one position,the entire game,but I don't think you can.

Old 07-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

DAMN!
Old 07-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Damn that would be a good idea! But what about playing defence, i couldnt be a wide reciever and just watch the other team driving down the field on my team while your guy is on the sideline watching but i like idea maybe they do have it.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:12 PM   #5
Q**tt*rs N*V*R W*n

OVR: 2

There's no "true" player lock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 08:34 PM   #6
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

If you want to be a WR, here's what you do:

Play every game with 2 controllers...you preferred one as controller 2, and another, basic one as controller 1. When you are on offense, use controller 2 to switch to your WR. Then just press X on controller 1 to snap the ball, and leave it alone. Of course, the CPU will now control the QB, and using controller 2, you are free to run your route. On defense, if you don't press anything, the CPU will just play D for you, and if you're WR plays nickel or dime back, you can just use controller 2 to control him there, and also on special teams.

Hope that helps, because that's what I plan to do. PM me if you're a bit confused (I typed that up in 30 seconds, lol).

EDIT: The only minus I see to this versus a normal player lock is that you would have to kick and punt, but I really wanted to be a kicker in RFTH anyways, so it won't bother me personally.

EDIT #2: For those of you who have the game, is there a camera angle that shows the whole field (preferably not overhead)? It would be pretty stupid to try to run a play as a WR when you can't see your player.

Last edited by theaub; 07-09-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #7
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
EDIT: The only minus I see to this versus a normal player lock is that you would have to kick and punt, but I really wanted to be a kicker in RFTH anyways, so it won't bother me personally.
You can be a kicker or punter in RFTH thats pretty interesting, i wouldnt expect to win the heisman being the kicker but hey. My guy is either going to be a cornerback or saftey so i dont expect to win the heisman.

theaub, do you have any plans to import your guy into Madden?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »