Home

Xbox vs. PS2

This is a discussion on Xbox vs. PS2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #9
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Xbox vs. PS2

The last two posts go to show why a discussion of the different versions of a game on different consoles will always lead to argument. It's far too subjective.

It reminds me of the saying "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have both and the Xbox version is better in every way. The load and sim times on the ps2 are excruciatingly slow.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:21 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone who starts a post with "I'm not a fanboy", you can almost assuredly bet that they are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 11:55 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
The last two posts go to show why a discussion of the different versions of a game on different consoles will always lead to argument. It's far too subjective.

It reminds me of the saying "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".
lol@"one man's terrorist is another man's freedom figher" hey can I steal that and use it????
Old 07-11-2005, 02:01 PM   #13
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

STOP!!

This is my post and it is not to compare systems. Look at the first post!

I got the answer I needed, lets not start a system war...
Old 07-11-2005, 02:17 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 15
Icon5 A Unique Xbox or PS2 situation

I know theres another xbox vs ps2 post, but that seems to be more with downloading rosters and using AR.

Anyways i have an xbox and a ps2, i go to college and live with 4 other guys, 3 of them game pretty heavily like myself. We have a couple tvs set up so the xbox and the ps2 can be used simultaneously. Awesome right? Well not so awesome, theres usually someone waiting on you while your playing so its tough to play 3 dynasty games in a row or something long like that.

The xbox was an xmas present and since weve got it, the ps2 has been relatively unused. on the xbox We have 3 people playing mvp franchises, or playing halo2 online, burnout 3, etc.... The xbox gaming time is in pretty high demand.

Well when going to buy NCAA2006 the obvious choice would seem to be xbox at first, but then i got to thinking about how nice it would be to play ncaa on an uncontested system, so im asking what you guys think i should do.

I have the online adapter for ps2, and xbox live. I only played ncaa2005 online ilke once or twice (i have it for ps2, didnt have xbox yet) because well honestly that game kinda sucked. Plus NCAA seems to attract a LOT of cheesers. I did play espn2k5 on ps2 online more and it was pretty fun. So online isnt the biggest factor for me but it still matters.

So heres my list so far for pros and cons

XBOX:

+faster loading times (this is huge for me cause sometimes i like to just keep simming and simming and messin around and it would take like 45 minutes to sim a season and recruitment and all that on ps2 last year)

+assuming a better online experience (stability etc)

-have to compete with my roomates for the xbox

- controller, dont like having to hit the black or white buttons in the heat of action, most EA games ive played have better controls on the PS2

+ or - graphics? (some say they are better some worse)

PS2:

- sloooooooooooooow sim and loading times if anything like last year

+way better controller for sports games imho, plus im used to ncaa on ps2's control

+ or - graphics, see above

+ system will almost allways be unused unless someone is playin my new copy of ncaa 2006 (which i am sure a roomie or two will start up a dynasty in)

---------------------------------------

So basically im undecided. Whatever system i get NCAA on, im gonna get Madden on the opposite one, so i guess thats another factor.

Will madden be substantially better on xbox than ps2? but i digress

What do you all think?

Last edited by Bears_16_and_0; 07-11-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Using AR for xbox rosters, do you need high speed, or can you download using dialup? I am looking to trade in ps2 for xbox, but don't want to play w/o rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #16
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon7 Re: Xbox vs. PS2

Problem with this answer is that not everyone has the same TV/Stereo setup. I know Joshua has all the bells and whistles in his gaming room. So, I would tend to believe him over someone who doesn't have all the HD cables, HDTV, etc.

But, I'm one of those people who are also buying both versions, so I don't really care.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »