Home

Does it bother anyone?

This is a discussion on Does it bother anyone? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Does it bother anyone?

they're all gonna come back the week before madden comes out anyway.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #18
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

I obviously have a fairly low post count. But again that doesn't dictate how much I am actually around here. I am a frequent reader, but only a rare poster. The reason like someone else said is because I am playing the game. I will still read a lot and tend to come check out the boards 4 or 5 days a week, but my posting goes down because I am also playing the game a lot more.

I remember back when the EA boards were civilized. I know, I know...that is very hard to believe. But back a few years ago they actually weren't that bad. I used to post there all the time. Even did a few dynasty journals. But then I started to realize I was online posting more than I was playing the game. So my posting numbers went way down and continued when I joined this board. Well that and I went from being a college student with about 5-10 hours of class a week I actually attended to having a 50+ hour a week job and attending grad school.

It may take me forever to get to 1,000 posts and you may not see me much when the game does come out, but trust me, I am still around checking stuff out.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #19
Rookie

scmaharaj03's Arena

OVR: 1

i dont know why it would bother anyone, i usually come on here before the release of any game im interested in, which is probably a couple times or at least once a season (spring, fall, etc.) because of the sports seasons, and i usually buy a sports game for every sport (MVP - baseball, Madden - football, NBA Live - Basketball, NCAA) so im always around just not posting every thought and feeling i have about someones topic or response...im posting now cause, well, im obsessed with getting this game and on here everyday for most of the day unless i have a practice or game myself.......and i dont know what my post accomplished so dont ask...im just counting down the time till i get the game and posting and getting ready to watch the homerun derby
Old 07-11-2005, 07:25 PM   #20
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

I wish they would stick around, understand how things go around the forums, and then become regulars.

I hate it when I look at the whose online, and I don't recognize a single name.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:34 PM   #21
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
You are also right, I shouldn't base it so much on low post count as much as the low quality of the post, but I tend to see a link between annoying posters and small post counts.
And I tend to see a link between people with post counts in the thousands posting only to argue or hijack threads. There are so many people around here that just try to up their post counts instead of contributing something useful. It appears that they feel that the size of their counts is equal to their value on the board.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 07:38 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 7

I've actually seen many of what I consider to be pretty good posts from people with low post counts in threads like the "Release" thread. I wish some of them would post more as they had constructive things to say and did so in a legible manner.

Who I'd just as soon see leave are some of the +1000-post posters who insist on the '+1' posts and on turning a thread into what should be a PM session. Post count matters for dick as far as I'm concerned, as some of my least favorite posters here are among the ones with the most posts.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:40 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
And I tend to see a link between people with post counts in the thousands posting only to argue or hijack threads. There are so many people around here that just try to up their post counts instead of contributing something useful. It appears that they feel that the size of their counts is equal to their value on the board.
There are definitely a few people like this around here.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:40 PM   #24
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

actually its pretty much the opposite, most people with the high post counts are well respected members of this site. What I should have said was that most of the new people turn this forum and any forum that a game is coming out into an unreadable mess. Small post count doesn't bother me that much, it's the knuckleheads that come in here trying to run the joint within weeks of signing up. And what's worse is they will be gone within two weeks usually never to be heard from again.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »