Home

Does it bother anyone?

This is a discussion on Does it bother anyone? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2005, 07:43 PM   #25
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Does it bother anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
And I tend to see a link between people with post counts in the thousands posting only to argue or hijack threads. There are so many people around here that just try to up their post counts instead of contributing something useful. It appears that they feel that the size of their counts is equal to their value on the board.
I agree. Although there are some immature posters with low post counts, I think the same can be said for some people with high post counts. I don't judge people on their post count. There have been a lot of helpful people around here on this forum that have low post counts.

What bothers me is when some of the regulars don't contribute anything at all and are only looking to up their post count. Nothing annoys me more than a post with a smiley face or a few words from a post whore.

Last edited by OHguy00; 07-11-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
For all the regulars here does it bother any of you that 3/4 of the posters in this forum will disapear in about two weeks only to return next year to use OS just for info and to not really contribute to th the site? And maybe it's just me but most of the negative impressions also come from the posters that have very little post counts. I don't know, maybe it really is just me, but I hate this time of year on the forums.
I am a regular and I don't contribute crap. All I do is take up bandwidth.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:50 PM   #27
Banned

Buckaholic's Arena

OVR: 5

Doesn't bother me. In fact, I want a lot of them to disappear. Weeds out some of the negative posters and keeps only the die-hards still talkin abotu it.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:53 PM   #28
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

[Sarcasm]
I'm new...have already pissed off a few people...already started thinking about 1,000..etc.
[/Sarcasm]

Honestly, I'm relatively new around here but I used to post a lot on Maddenmania before I was directed to this site, and I'd like to consider myself a valuable poster, even though some times I do argue and seem like an *** or have meaningless posts. A lot of people have a meaningless post or an arguement here or there.

If you want an example of meaningless post, please re-read what I just said.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #29
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Nope doesn't bother me that much. In fact, I'll prolly turn into a forgotten poster once college starts at the end of August. Especially when basketball season starts and I'm finally a member of Mark's Madness(UA)

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 07-11-2005, 07:56 PM   #30
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I've been here long enough to get used to it. I wonder how many people join for a particular game, then come back a year later with a new name because they forgot their old one..
Old 07-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #31
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

lol I assume a lot, by know I'm used to it, but it's just something that has always bothered me this time of year.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #32
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
actually its pretty much the opposite, most people with the high post counts are well respected members of this site. What I should have said was that most of the new people turn this forum and any forum that a game is coming out into an unreadable mess. Small post count doesn't bother me that much, it's the knuckleheads that come in here trying to run the joint within weeks of signing up. And what's worse is they will be gone within two weeks usually never to be heard from again.
If that's true, can I have my member name deleted? Well respected members? If anything, many come across as cocky and territorial. I have experienced numerous times, veterans coming into threads and hijacking them, forcing their opinions on other posters, then comparing post counts when challenged. I wholeheartedly agree with you about stickys, but there is absolutely no link to the quality of posts and the post count of the user.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »