Home

Dirty Disc Error

This is a discussion on Dirty Disc Error within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 01:10 AM   #25
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Re: Dirty Disc Error

I haven't had any problems with a Thomson drive YET. Hopefully this game isn't the first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 06:41 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7
Icon8 Re: Dirty Disc Error

Hey guys would like to play the game but I have dirty disc errors upon loading. I have gone through 2 disc already and have to return it today. I have changed my laser within 6 months and even tried the boil disc routine.My xbox plays all of last years football and this years baseball games and this disc is a no go. Anybody else not even getting through the load screen? Thanks.....Tommy
Old 07-13-2005, 08:35 AM   #27
Rookie

breathofj's Arena

OVR: 3

I was getting the DDE on my xbox everytime when you were prompted to choose your favorite team. Oddly, that would lock it up everytime.

So, I took it out...blew on it....same issue. So finally I took it out, used a vacuum to suck out from the drive bay, and everything worked fine after that
Old 07-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 16

You're lucky to only get the DDE error in-game.

I got home last night from buying my game and popped it in....only to discover that my Xbox's cd drive is toast and I can't play ANY game anymore, let alone just NCAA. It's crazy because it was working earlier in the day! ANyway, I made an emergency trip to go buy a new Xbox about 5 minutes after discovering that problem. Problem solved - $150 of course.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:03 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OS
Well Ncaa 06 was my breaking point - I just destroyed my Xbox. I had a launch Xbox and after increasing DDE's over the past few months ( Mostly EA GAMES !) .. tonight was the night .. I just did a holly F'n god Jihad in my front yard...

AHH- I feel better,.,... Now I have to replace this POS BRICK ..
Im at work in my chair cracking up because what you said made me picture the three dudes from Office Space taking out thier frustrations on the printer/copy machine. If you havent seen Office Space go rent it. It will crack you up.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:25 PM   #30
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy
Hey guys would like to play the game but I have dirty disc errors upon loading. I have gone through 2 disc already and have to return it today. I have changed my laser within 6 months and even tried the boil disc routine.My xbox plays all of last years football and this years baseball games and this disc is a no go. Anybody else not even getting through the load screen? Thanks.....Tommy
I wasn't getting past the load screen, and I blame it fully on the Thompson drive...which is why I got a new XBox.

Brian_OS: Did you honestly break your XBox? If it was functioning on most of the other games, you coulda got $70 for it @ Gamestop.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:25 PM   #31
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
Brian_OS: Did you honestly break your XBox? If it was functioning on most of the other games, you coulda got $70 for it @ Gamestop.

YES I DID- And it was worth it- It spent the night in my yard.. it has a nice death rattle to it when I shake it.... picked another one up today and no more problems.. It is also a lot quieter now to

Last edited by Brian_OS; 07-13-2005 at 10:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 11:33 PM   #32
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OS
YES I DID- And it was worth it- It spent the night in my yard.. it has a nice death rattle to it when I shake it.... picked another one up today and no more problems.. It is also a lot quieter now to
Hahaha
Honestly, I don't blame you. I actually opened my back door and was about ready to chuck the damn XBox out, but then I figured I could use the trade in value.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »