Home

Rented Xbox & PS2 versions.....

This is a discussion on Rented Xbox & PS2 versions..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5
Rented Xbox & PS2 versions.....

So far I have to say the PS2 graphics are slightly sharper. Slightly. The crowd shots during the opening sequence of the game are totally still though on the PS2 during the pan of the stadium.

On the Xbox the crowds can be seen moving somewhat.

The turf (LSU) still looks better on PS2 but Xbox has improved alot since 2005.

When selecting Play Now on Xbox you get to see Corso put on the mascot head but not on PS2. Maybe in Dynasty this will happen on PS2 but on any Play Now game it hasn't happened on the PS2 version but it does on the Xbox.

No slowdown at all on either version. Xbox does load faster.
Gameplay on Xbox seems a little faster.

On PS2 no slowdown inside the 20 or on kickoffs for me at least.

More research later..................
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Rented Xbox & PS2 versions.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
So far I have to say the PS2 graphics are slightly sharper. Slightly. The crowd shots during the opening sequence of the game are totally still though on the PS2 during the pan of the stadium.

On the Xbox the crowds can be seen moving somewhat.

When selecting Play Now on Xbox you get to see Corso put on the mascot head but not on PS2. Maybe in Dynasty this will happen on PS2 but on any Play Now game it hasn't happened on the PS2 version but it does on the Xbox.

No slowdown at all on either version. Xbox does load faster.
Gameplay on Xbox seems a little faster.

On PS2 no slowdown inside the 20 or on kickoffs for me at least.

More research later..................

Corso put the mascot head on for me when I played a "Play Now" game with Arkansas on PS2.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalHog
Corso put the mascot head on for me when I played a "Play Now" game with Arkansas on PS2.
Good! That's comforting to hear. I'll try some more later tonight.
I've deleted my old 2005 gamesaves on the ps2 card. I doubt that interfers with anything but I didn't want any interference.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:31 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

loading is just as fast on ps2, maybe 2 seconds slower than xbox, so no big loss there. Just simulation is much much faster on xbox. Also the colors look better on the ps2 again. Dont know why EA can never get this right for xbox
Old 07-12-2005, 08:34 PM   #5
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
loading is just as fast on ps2, maybe 2 seconds slower than xbox, so no big loss there. Just simulation is much much faster on xbox. Also the colors look better on the ps2 again. Dont know why EA can never get this right for xbox
PS2 loading...faster...than the XBOX? When loading up to play a game or what?

My Blog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2005, 08:36 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
PS2 loading...faster...than the XBOX? When loading up to play a game or what?
When loading to play a game it's like only 2 seconds slower than xbox. When simulating a week or a season, xbox is like 10x faster than ps2. I timed saving dynasty at the end of your game, xbox was 12 seconds while ps2 was 40 seconds.

But just to load a game and play ps2 doens't do that bad a job. Simming is a different story.

added : also the person is right that the xbox version plays a little faster than the ps2 version. It's simliar to madden on the xbox vs ps2 last year.

Last edited by hyacinth1; 07-12-2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:49 PM   #7
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
So far I have to say the PS2 graphics are slightly sharper. Slightly.

I have to totally disagree. They were running side by side at the EB near me, and the PS2 version was, well....nowhere near as nice looking as the xbox. It's simply not as clean or smooth. Things just look rougher around the edges. Maybe there's something specific to the LSU turf that the xbox got wrong last year, but textures overall are noticably better on the xbox.

Either way, graphics don't mean too much to me. I was a High Heat fan, so that should tell you how much more gameplay means than graphics, lol. I couldnt' tell you all the correct technical terms as to how the xbox has better graphics than the ps2, but it just has a sharper look. It would be difficult for the ps2 to have better graphics than the same game on xbox anyway, the xbox hardware is simply much more powerful.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 07-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazhirui
I have to totally disagree. They were running side by side at the EB near me, and the PS2 version was, well....nowhere near as nice looking as the xbox. It's simply not as clean or smooth. Things just look rougher around the edges. Maybe there's something specific to the LSU turf that the xbox got wrong last year, but textures overall are noticably better on the xbox.

Either way, graphics don't mean too much to me. I was a High Heat fan, so that should tell you how much more gameplay means than graphics, lol. I couldnt' tell you all the correct technical terms as to how the xbox has better graphics than the ps2, but it just has a sharper look. It would be difficult for the ps2 to have better graphics than the same game on xbox anyway, the xbox hardware is simply much more powerful.
The xbox version is cleaner but the ps2 version is brighter if that makes sense. The colors are more vibrant in the ps2 version but it is rougher and not as clean looking as the xbox

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »