Home

Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

This is a discussion on Recruiting strategies, tips, etc... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
I followed this basic formula last night. Although wanted to see what everyone thought about allowing One Star teams to recruit three stars, but with percentage restrictions (like no more than 10-15% max).
My reasons for no recruits for a 1-star program are:
1) They likely would not have the resources to devote towards recruiting during season.
2) Unless you are an academic powerhouse I can't see a recruit itching to give you an early commitment.

Now, as far as the recruiting goes after the season all bets are off and I will target anyone.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:09 PM   #34
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewagne
Once you get in a recruits Top 3 you need to get him in to visit as soon as possible. I was testing out stuff and using Navy and was similating the season a week at a time. When I got into the top 3 of 4 recruits (only had 5 left by then), I scheduled them all for the Army Navy game which was 4 weeks away. I was the favorite at the time for all players as well. After the next week I only had 1 recruit left because all 4 took visits somewhere else and committed. So I would assume then that you need to get the visit done asap once in the top 3.

My question for those that have gotten to the end of season recruiting, how highly ranked are the players that are left? Are there any 5, 4, 3 star recruits left?
Point 1: Sometimes they will only give soft verbals, and you still have a chance to steal them. If you are #1 on their list, schedule them later, because the most they will give is a soft verbal.

As for your question, there are plenty of 5, 4 and 3 star prospect left.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:12 PM   #35
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaenuel
My reasons for no recruits for a 1-star program are:
1) They likely would not have the resources to devote towards recruiting during season.
2) Unless you are an academic powerhouse I can't see a recruit itching to give you an early commitment.

Now, as far as the recruiting goes after the season all bets are off and I will target anyone.
I see your point, the only reason i was considering allowing restricted recruiting of three-stars for one -star programs was for the situation where a decent player may want to play for his hometown team, or the player who is the kind of student that wouldn't get into a better school.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 01:20 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
I see your point, the only reason i was considering allowing restricted recruiting of three-stars for one -star programs was for the situation where a decent player may want to play for his hometown team, or the player who is the kind of student that wouldn't get into a better school.
The hometown thing is an interesting angle to look at. I would think that if you see a player from your college's hometown it would be fine to say all bets are off regardless of prestige.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewagne
Once you get in a recruits Top 3 you need to get him in to visit as soon as possible. I was testing out stuff and using Navy and was similating the season a week at a time. When I got into the top 3 of 4 recruits (only had 5 left by then), I scheduled them all for the Army Navy game which was 4 weeks away. I was the favorite at the time for all players as well. After the next week I only had 1 recruit left because all 4 took visits somewhere else and committed. So I would assume then that you need to get the visit done asap once in the top 3.

My question for those that have gotten to the end of season recruiting, how highly ranked are the players that are left? Are there any 5, 4, 3 star recruits left?
How do you get them to visit?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaenuel
I have heard that it is a little too easy to get 4 and 5 star recruits with low prestige teams...
Has anyone else found this to be true? I was hoping the developers would tone this down a bit this year. You shouldn't have to self-impose rules to make it realistic.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:36 PM   #39
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDufresne
Has anyone else found this to be true? I was hoping the developers would tone this down a bit this year. You shouldn't have to self-impose rules to make it realistic.
I don't find it to be true...I was Auburn and I could only get 1 5 star...the most I saw was Iowa with 3.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:38 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDufresne
I have not had success ONCE yet getting a 5 star recruit that isnt in my pipeline...

As UTEP (2-star Program - simming thru 2 fulls seasons for testing), I have gotten 1 5star, 3 4star, etc.... This year, I have noticed that unless a 4 or 5 star recruit has you INITIALLY high on his list, that it is extrememly difficult to get one to sign with you over, say, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, for example... Now I did get a 5 star recruit during in-season recruiting in season 1. He was a LG and at first I was at the bottom of his Top 8 teams list, then after about week 3 or so, he made a comment that he noticed the depth chart of my team and loved what he saw - I would only have one returning guard next season. And from there on I put more %pts into recruiting him and played the Playing Time card and ended up nabbing him.... in season 1 I only got him and one other guard during in-season recruiting... everyone else (even one that had given me a Soft Verbal) decided to go somewhere else.

I think recruiting is difficult this year, for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »