Home

I'm trying so hard to like this game, but it's not working

This is a discussion on I'm trying so hard to like this game, but it's not working within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 01:48 AM   #9
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Re: I'm trying so hard to like this game, but it's not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rback21
I always play with my squads. And, man, has it been tough.
Don't worry, I play with uCLA I know how it feels.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:05 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude
Don't worry, I play with uCLA I know how it feels.
I'm in the Eastern Conf. Finals with the Bobcats on Live though...imagine that.
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Old 07-13-2005, 02:48 AM   #11
Pro

cranes74us's Arena

OVR: 3

lol i just got whopped 43-19 , i was north texas against fresno st. on AA

Last edited by cranes74us; 07-13-2005 at 02:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 03:22 AM   #12
A70M3

OVR:

Okay, this might sound dumb, but try Varsity...for some reason in 05, I found Varsity to be more difficult than AA simply because the computer played an all around better game.

But maybe that's just me. Give it a try and see how it goes.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:59 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think the game plays more realistic this year on AA. I am currently playing with my USF Bulls, I went up to happy valley and just barely beat an unranked PSU team 27-23, but I have been beaten by Louisville and Miami. Man, the ranked teams are so tough to beat this year.

I am loving it.......
Old 07-13-2005, 08:29 AM   #14

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve22
I think the game plays more realistic this year on AA. I am currently playing with my USF Bulls, I went up to happy valley and just barely beat an unranked PSU team 27-23, but I have been beaten by Louisville and Miami. Man, the ranked teams are so tough to beat this year.

I am loving it.......
Add me to the group getting my *** handed to me. I have been shut out in my first two games, 28-0 and 34-0. I did not even sniff the endzone.

It just seems that i can never get enough time to find a receiver. The DL is crushing me.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was running for 300+ yards on AA against #7 Michigan with ND and decided the game was too easy. So I found some sliders in the forums here and got my *** handed to me the next game by an unranked Washington team.

I had to tweak the sliders back towards the middle a little bit but I think I've found the perfect balance. Home field advantage has a lot to do with it and momentum can definitely be felt.

I'm excited because that means that I can make AA too difficult for myself which means I have room to grow into the game and still stay challenged without having to deal with the CPU cheating on Heisman.

I set Human pass blocking to 65% and I still get sacked 3-4 times a game. A lot of it has to do with waiting on routes that take too long to develop when the CPU blitzes you. Just like in real life sometimes you have to settle for what your opponent gives you and throw the dump route in order to avoid the sack. Too often players see that their guy was open deep but they couldn't make the pass because they got sacked waiting for him, so instead of playing it realistically and accepting that on that play you should of thrown the short pass to avoid the sack, you up the pass blocking so that next time you can make the deep pass.

The ability for a team to stop their opponents passing game is more than just their ability to cover, it's also their ability to apply pressure and force quick throws. For evidence of that look at last year's Patriots team. Terrible secondary, awesome blitzes and pressure. It evened out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 09:02 AM   #16
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

My first few games i had set for AA, but now I'm on heisman, as i was running way too much. Now I am Central Michigan, a terrible team, and I had to play Indiana, Penn State, Akron (who are good in the mac). I lost to all these teams, pretty big, but beat Army 48-17. It's weird. I have to play Ohio next, we'll see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »