Home

I'm trying so hard to like this game, but it's not working

This is a discussion on I'm trying so hard to like this game, but it's not working within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #25
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: I'm trying so hard to like this game, but it's not working

I agree with the original poster. I still the problems from 2005 lurking. Still too many drop passes for my taste even with wr catch maxed. But I've only played one full game and I usually like to wait until the real football season starts and observe the in game trends and adjust sliders from there. My biggest complaint still is the offensive line. I gotta rush my passes just about every play. I don't know if it's the slack blocking from the line or slow route running from the receivers. WHO HAS THE ANSWER????

Last edited by Mos1ted; 07-13-2005 at 01:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 12:28 PM   #26
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt911
I tend to agree with the original poster. I am also stuck between Heisman and All American for the same reasons. Heisman is just ridiculously CHEAP, even with all of the computers Defense sliders at 10% you still can do NOTHING. The pass rush is insane, the INTS are above insane, and your WR's get absolutley NO seperation. Drops are still a problem, and the computer still seems to still be Miss Cleo, and know exactley what direction you are running to, EVEN when you audible. I have been playing NCAA for I don't know how long, so I am no NOOB, as a matter of fact I like college sports games better than the pros, and I play them way more than the pros.

There are some improvements, but they are overshadowed by these big issues. I mean Heisman is so ridiculously cheap, that I was Florida State and I was losing to Arkansas 35-0 with 1 minute left in THE FIRST QUARTER (5 minute quarters). Sexton threw 4 Int's and 3 of them were returned for TD's and my RB fumbled once. I mean I had no chance from the start, the comp decided that I was going to get blown out, and there wasn't a thing that I could do about it. The computer DB's still react way too fast, and cover WAAAYYYYY too much ground on passing plays. Especially if they are in a Zone, with that pass rush, and the no wide reciever seperation....you might as well just hand them the ball and save about 5-6 seconds.

It was so cheap that on two plays in a row, my left guard was FLAT OUT PUSHED TO THE GROUND two plays straight by their DE, for a sack. He wasn't even an impact player at that, I mean getting around him or past him is one thing, but to just push a 300+ pound lineman to the ground like he was a little kid.....that's just inexcuseable and cheap. I don't know, this game may have to go back if no fixes can be found, because this is just stupid. On AA you can run for ten billion yards on the computer and their offense is suspect, but on Heisman you don't even have a fighting chance...you are defeated before you even take one snap.

Hopefully someone can come up with something, because I really want to like this game. But as of right now I am in the same position as the original poster...stuck in limbo, and very frustrated, with no place to go!
Big Ant, do me a favor and find my thread entitled "Passing Game," read my first post and see if you agree. It sounds like we're very similar players--experienced players who desire realistic gameplay. To me, the passing game is this year's real weakness with the roided out running game running a close second. Regardless, together they combine to create the worst sort of imbalance I've seen in either this series, Madden, or even ESPN.

Thanks, man.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:26 PM   #27
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Big Ant, do me a favor and find my thread entitled "Passing Game," read my first post and see if you agree. It sounds like we're very similar players--experienced players who desire realistic gameplay. To me, the passing game is this year's real weakness with the roided out running game running a close second. Regardless, together they combine to create the worst sort of imbalance I've seen in either this series, Madden, or even ESPN.

Thanks, man.
I agree. This game is pure garbage.

Period.

I feel bad for the a55clowns who paid $30 over retail for it on ebay.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:31 PM   #28
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant

Thanks, man.
Man I just read that post and you are SPOT ON with all of it. You said everything that I feel as far as the passing game goes. At least the running game seems like it can be tweaked with sliders, but for the passing issues, it seems to go past anything that a few slider nudges can fix. Maybe there is still hope and someone will come out with some good sliders for AA, if not then.......I don't know.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 07-13-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:44 PM   #29
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt911
Man I just read that post and you are SPOT ON with all of it. You said everything that I feel as far as the passing game goes. At least the running game seems like it can be tweaked with sliders, but for the passing issues, it seems to go past anything that a few slider nudges can fix. Maybe there is still hope and someone will come out with some good sliders for AA, if not then.......I don't know.
What a bunch of "LAZY" gamers, use the sliders and the will fix your issues.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-13-2005, 01:46 PM   #30
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2baseball
I agree. This game is pure garbage.

Period.

I feel bad for the a55clowns who paid $30 over retail for it on ebay.
I feel bad for you, Just because you think he game is garbage is just your opinion, you most lickey jus sux playing he game, anyway to bad for you, that you don't like the game.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I agree with the original poster. I still the problems from 2005 lurking. Still too many drop passes for my taste even with wr catch maxed. But I've only played one full game and I usually like to wait until the real football season starts and observe the in game trends and adjust sliders from there. My biggest complaint still is the offensive line. I gotta rush my passes just about every play. I don't know if it's the slack blocking from the line or slow route running from the receivers. WHO HAS THE ANSWER????
I feel ya...but I'm actually enjoying the game, especially the ways that the CPU reacts by the RB behavior and the switching up of the impact player(s). Sometimes I just try to avoid them but you never really know where they are going to line up. I'm feelin' this game!
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 02:06 PM   #32
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
What a bunch of "LAZY" gamers, use the sliders and the will fix your issues.
I'm not going to get into a war of words with you, I'm glad that you are enjoying the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »