Home

NCAA06 vs ESPN 2k5

This is a discussion on NCAA06 vs ESPN 2k5 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 01:53 AM   #17
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:
Re: NCAA06 vs ESPN 2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgcityClev
ESPN is THE BEST Football game made to this point, on ANY console period. Tecmo Bowl is the LEGEND of Football games.

I've been playing ESPN 2K5 for the past 2 weeks with cousins. We hadn't played it in a few months, and it was heart felt playing it again. Now I get NCAA 06, and I want to find these EA Developers, and it wouldn't be pretty what would happen. The same freakin game for 2 years in a row, yet this time, online is absolutely HORRIBLE!! Offline, is not as bad, I'll admit. I'm having decent games on AA against the cpu in the RFTH. THey refuse to throw to my CB though. My issues with the game, is after playing 6 games online, and 4 games offline, THAT's 10 TOTAL FOR THE SLOW PEOPLE, this game is the exact replica of last years. They just turned the DB's into COMPLETE MORONS this year. That's it.

Blocking at the O-line is still bad. Downfield blocking is ok. Special Teams is a joke. It's disheartening EA can't get this sh*t right. And fanboys give tons of excuses for them. I think the Dynasty Mode will provide more of an interest than RFTH, because it's basically boring. All I can say, is EA's games are steered more towards little kids. And people with no skill levels. ESPN is a true sim football game, with extraordinary graphics, and a SUPER deep Franchise Mode.

I'll keep NCAA though. Madden 06 I expect to be a waste of time.
No offense, but that sounds like a Sega fanboy post in parts. The 2k series had just as many problems as Madden, just in different areas. I would have to disagree with you on the franchise statement especially. Madden's was much better in my opinion. And the extraordinary graphics? Some aspects of Madden looked better, some aspects of ESPN looked better.

Old 07-13-2005, 02:01 AM   #18
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Ok people calm down...We all know NCAA 06 can't compare to NFL 2k5. I mean hell when Madden 06 comes out it won't either. So no need in comparing these two though...

NFL 2k5 was hands down the best football game ever made, EVER MADE!!!!

But just to say I'm playing NCAA 06 and I like it. Nice touches they've done to it. The whole Road to the Heisman B.S is boring. I'm sometimes just wanting a better franchise...Nice to see they stole the Crib Idea from NFL 2k5. But no doubt EA put some time into this game. Its a great sequel to the series. So give the NCAA group developers their props. No need to bring Visual Concepts into comparing.

I will say one thing for sure...if you ever get a chance to pick up NCAA College Football 2k3, no doubt in ways it can compare to this...showing that even after being release 3 years back. Its still more fun to play...If you have the XBOX version that is, which included Sliders and The Bowl games up to 2006. Just have to give it a big roster update and simulate 3 seasons to get current schedules...overall...

For Now enjoy NCAA 06 its a great game...so stop comparing and be happy..
Old 07-13-2005, 02:28 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

well i own every 2k game, and really never tried the ncaa until last year's horrific version. tried madden and it sucked as usual.

2k5 = ******** dbs, rbs with moves that work everytime, horrible linebackers taking bad angles,dumb animations that killed a play,etc.
however 2k5 had better interior running/ double team blocks that setup more holes and paths for the rb

06 so far I'm liking except the bad mario running and the blurred out colors of calling a dive play.

i love the 2k series but calling it the best football game ever made is a joke.
me and Lbzrules just played, noticed some bad stuff but didn't see anything TOO crazy besides the pass in traffic. however, as the yr progresses, I have no doubt glitches and cheese will pop up as usual.
oh, and I only play online so all the franchise,create a player, and "features" doesn't really work for me. Gameplay over numbers for me.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:36 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love ESPN NFL 2K5 but let's not act like it had no major bugs. The DBs animations where completely out of whack, the draft AI was completely broken, and the progression system was displayed poorly.

On topic, I've yet to play enough of NCAA 06 to say its better than ESPN. I will say though, it definitely has the potential to be.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:43 AM   #21
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Ok people calm down...We all know NCAA 06 can't compare to NFL 2k5. I mean hell when Madden 06 comes out it won't either. So no need in comparing these two though...

NFL 2k5 was hands down the best football game ever made, EVER MADE!!!!

But just to say I'm playing NCAA 06 and I like it. Nice touches they've done to it. The whole Road to the Heisman B.S is boring. I'm sometimes just wanting a better franchise...Nice to see they stole the Crib Idea from NFL 2k5. But no doubt EA put some time into this game. Its a great sequel to the series. So give the NCAA group developers their props. No need to bring Visual Concepts into comparing.

I will say one thing for sure...if you ever get a chance to pick up NCAA College Football 2k3, no doubt in ways it can compare to this...showing that even after being release 3 years back. Its still more fun to play...If you have the XBOX version that is, which included Sliders and The Bowl games up to 2006. Just have to give it a big roster update and simulate 3 seasons to get current schedules...overall...

For Now enjoy NCAA 06 its a great game...so stop comparing and be happy..
With all do respect, I was a huge 2k football fan, but NCAA College Football 2k3 was the worst game I have ever played and I'm getting sick just think about it, it was the biggest let down of a game that I ever saw, It had huge potential but also failed bigtime.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 02:46 AM   #22
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
well i own every 2k game, and really never tried the ncaa until last year's horrific version. tried madden and it sucked as usual.

2k5 = ******** dbs, rbs with moves that work everytime, horrible linebackers taking bad angles,dumb animations that killed a play,etc.
however 2k5 had better interior running/ double team blocks that setup more holes and paths for the rb

06 so far I'm liking except the bad mario running and the blurred out colors of calling a dive play.

i love the 2k series but calling it the best football game ever made is a joke.
me and Lbzrules just played, noticed some bad stuff but didn't see anything TOO crazy besides the pass in traffic. however, as the yr progresses, I have no doubt glitches and cheese will pop up as usual.
oh, and I only play online so all the franchise,create a player, and "features" doesn't really work for me. Gameplay over numbers for me.
Well I still believe that 2k5 was the best football ever made in this era, please don't say that Temo bowl was the best ever made, cause i;m talking about this era not 15 years ago. If you don't think 2k5 was the best football game of this, please tell me what was. Me and you are very different I love dyanasty/Franchise and you don't, I hate playing online and is just a waste of time for me.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-13-2005, 02:54 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3
Angry Re: NCAA06 vs ESPN 2k5

I never post...and I guess if you want to call me a fan boy, you can. But I will say this. ESPN 2K5 makes both last years Madden and this year's NCAA '06 look like the handheld electronic football with the dashes as players. With or without the glitches, 2K5 is the best football game I have EVER played. It is simply georgeous, plays smooth, great taunts, plays that work and flow well, speed on the field is mostly good...animations that are amazing, turnovers that are exciting, I could go ON and ON and ON....Simply the best!

I have NCAA '06. I have played about 12 games and it is the same old Madden engine that I have seen year after year. Players heads that are way too big, graphics that are hard to see. Players that are hard to control. Unrealistic speed on the field, its no fun to play D. Again, I could go ON and ON.

Listen, I WANT a football game. It looks like the 2K football series is dead. But what I am getting from EA right now is crap that has sucked for a LONG LONG LONG time. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to know that the best football game EVER EVER EVER EVER has been eliminated because EA can't stand the competition. It's just plain sad.

I hope beyond hope that EA can save computer football someday because it is obvious they will be the only player in the game for a while. Maybe the 360 willl do it, who knows???

Flame on, but this wasnt a flame...just fact.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:34 AM   #24
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

ESPN diddnt have the horrible mario running, that alone is enough to give it the edge in my opinion. It is waaay past time for EA to implement a better run blocking system.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »