Home

thoughts from former gamecube ncaa gamers?

This is a discussion on thoughts from former gamecube ncaa gamers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 04:09 AM   #1
1 J*hn 4:9,10

QuasiHero's Arena

OVR: 6
thoughts from former gamecube ncaa gamers?

ncaa06 is my first college football game not on a nintendo console. (my wife likes to play mario games.) so i've dusted the 'ol ps2 off and played a good amount of ncaa06 this evening.

i was wondering if any other former gamecube ncaa gamers were noticing similar things. such as:
1) learning a new controller. i'll have to learn use the double shoulder buttons on the ps2 controller. this will take some time getting used to. (i kept pitching the ball when i really wanted to juke.)
2) delays. i'm not just talking about load times, but on the ps2 when you "turn the pages" in sports illustrated to different sections, there is about a second of delay to load the graphics. not so with the gamecube in the past. the delays a little annoying at first and there are little delays throughout the game, but i'll have to get used to it.
3) graphics. it's painfully obvious the inferiority of the ps2 compared to the gamecube. ncaa04 on the gamecube is a lot prettier than what i saw all day today on the ps2.
4) it takes what, 4 times as long to simulate all games for a given week? yikes!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 04:14 AM   #2
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: thoughts from former gamecube ncaa gamers?

If Gamecube were really so great, then where is NCAA 06 for gamecube? Yea, not so great after all. If it were really as superior as you suggested, then the roles would be reversed and Ps2 would be on the outside looking in.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:21 AM   #3

QuasiHero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSquad
If Gamecube were really so great, then where is NCAA 06 for gamecube? Yea, not so great after all. If it were really as superior as you suggested, then the roles would be reversed and Ps2 would be on the outside looking in.
if you're looking for an idiotic console flame war, you're not going to get one from me. that wasn't the intent of my post. ea made a business decision not to support the gamecube. i'm fine with that.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:26 AM   #4
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

And you seem bitter about it. I mean, you are complaining about a second delay and imagining NCAA 06 on GC would have better graphics than the Ps2. I could careless about which console is better, but its obvious which one ISNT inferior (the one with games being made for it still, you know).
Old 07-13-2005, 04:36 AM   #5

QuasiHero's Arena

there are much more important things in life i could be bitter about than minor things in video games, my friend. and consider that observations do not equate to complaints. if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute, just pass on by.

Last edited by QuasiHero; 07-13-2005 at 04:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 07:43 AM   #6
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Going no where...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »