Home

Please can anyone help my running game?

This is a discussion on Please can anyone help my running game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 08:03 AM   #1
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Please can anyone help my running game?

I probably have a avg of 5 yds a carry. however I am playing on varsity and people have been saying that the running game is to easy..I dunno maybe I'll continue to play the way I am..But Does anyone have any pointers??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 08:04 AM   #2
TIm
MVP

Re: Please can anyone help my running game?

You can Lock it I didn't see the stratergy sticky..Thanks
Old 07-13-2005, 08:12 AM   #3
Rookie

breathofj's Arena

OVR: 3

Tim, I think that thread above is just for recruiting advice. I think this thread is fine to keep open, as I would love some tips on running as well.

Specifically, I would love advice on running through the tackles. Perhaps I'm too used to ESPN, but there never seems to be a hole for me to run through...which means that 99% of the time I bounce it to the outside for some yardage. While I'm usually successful on that, it bothers me that it's not quite realistic...and I love running up the middle between the tackles.

Anyway, advice is more than welcome.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:13 AM   #4
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

You have be patient,let your holes open,this year's version the fullback picks up the proper blocking assisgnment in most cases,and just read the which hole is best to run through,trust me it's easy.

Old 07-13-2005, 08:21 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Most of my attempts to get straight upfield involved me getting trapped behind the scrum, then falling fwd for no gain. I can't seem to do anything significant on the ground unless I'm running off tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 08:24 AM   #6
TIm
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101
Most of my attempts to get straight upfield involved me getting trapped behind the scrum, then falling fwd for no gain. I can't seem to do anything significant on the ground unless I'm running off tackle.
I have Florida and I HATE the playbook. They are a passing team. All shotgun formations except for goal lines.. I may try to change the playbook if I can. When you run from shotgun then you have to gain 2-3 yards just to get back to the line of scrimmage.. Anyone with running game help???
Old 07-13-2005, 08:31 AM   #7
Rookie

breathofj's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcabone
You have be patient,let your holes open,this year's version the fullback picks up the proper blocking assisgnment in most cases,and just read the which hole is best to run through,trust me it's easy.
That's what I've been trying to do, but I haven't seen the holes open up like they should.

I've seen the fullback making a good block, but it's usually not up the middle. Most of the time he's running outside to pick up the OLB. While this is cool, and I usually follow him...that still takes me to the outside again as opposed to running between the tackles.

I'm going to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong tonight. Just figured I'd get some advice and see if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for the quick reply
Old 07-13-2005, 08:34 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I truly believe patience is the key. I run alot of counter plays for good yardage and then mix in some stings and dives. Although I have a little more success with the counters and outside runs, I have had a few runs up the middle for 60 - 70 yards (I am using USF on AA with default sliders and no rating adjustments, West Coast playbook)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »