Home

Running on Heisman is way too easy...

This is a discussion on Running on Heisman is way too easy... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon8 Running on Heisman is way too easy...

I just got the game today, put it in, and started up a dynasty with my Arkansas Razorbacks using the default heisman sliders playing with six minute quarters...

First game I played 1-AA SW Missouri State and TRIED not to score in the 2nd half. Won 91-35 (they killed me with the deep ball). I ran just about every play in my playbook and averaged about 25 ypc. Surely it will be tougher against Vanderbilt...

I beat Vanderbilt 56-42. Once again averaged of 20 ypc.

#1 USC is next...surely they'll put it on me, right? I just ran for 569 yards on 29 carries to defeat the trojans 63-52.

WHY IS IT SO EASY TO RUN THE BALL ON THIS GAME? De'Arrius Howard is an average runningback at best and I've ran for over 1,000 yards with him in my first three games...my QB, FB, and backup HB are all averaging 100 as well.

I'm giving up a ****load of yards and points also...but that's okay, it just means I need to improve on defense. But there's nothing I can do about offense...it's ruining the game for me. Anybody got some sliders to make the running game harder?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 10:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Running on Heisman is way too easy...

Try my Heisman sliders in the sliders section. Check it out there and post any questions in that thread. It makes it alot harder to run.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

I realize this sounds stupid, and don't take it the wrong way, but you are sure you have it on Heisman, aren't you?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
I realize this sounds stupid, and don't take it the wrong way, but you are sure you have it on Heisman, aren't you?
Yeah seriously, I have been averaging about 2.2 ypc......albeit I am Michigan State, but still

- Romans 8:2
Old 07-13-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharainking
I beat Vanderbilt 56-42. Once again averaged of 20 ypc.

#1 USC is next...surely they'll put it on me, right? I just ran for 569 yards on 29 carries to defeat the trojans 63-52.

WHY IS IT SO EASY TO RUN THE BALL ON THIS GAME? De'Arrius Howard is an average runningback at best and I've ran for over 1,000 yards with him in my first three games...my QB, FB, and backup HB are all averaging 100 as well.

you playing 15 miniute quarters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 11:05 PM   #6
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan49
you playing 15 miniute quarters?
This guy is either lying or using a glitch.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm positive I'm playing on Heisman. I'm playing six minute quarters, and I'm telling the truth. I'm not trying to brag, boast, or anything else. It's just a video game.

However, it's way too easy to run the ball. The statistics I said are all legit. Arkansas is probably worse than Michigan State, so I don't know how you're only averaging 2.2 ypc.

On NCAA 2005, I'd usually lose a game or two on Heisman in a season. But I seriously doubt I'm going to lose on here...I score pretty much every drive. Usually on 70 or 80 yard runs. It's not fun to me.

To tone it down a bit, I didn't run any option plays in my last game. I still defeated Alabama 52-42. Howard had 16 carries for 297 yards, Hillis had 7 for 94, McFadden 5 for 115. My QB, Robert Johnson, went 7 for 13 for 138 yds and an INT...so I'm not doing anything spectacular passing, but I can't help but score when I run the ball.

The most rediculous thing is that Howard now has 1,300 yards and 14 td's in 4 games and isn't in the top 5 for the Heisman. However, Adrian Peterson has less than 500 yards and 7 td's and he's ranked #2 in the Heisman running.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:57 PM   #8
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
That was going to be my question.

I was getting the same sort of stats(with the Hogs), but realized I was on varsity.

Man, if you can run that way on Heisman, I'd hate to meet you online.

Howard is definitely overrated(as is Clark Moore), but I'll take it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »