Home

Bush's somersault in the game?

This is a discussion on Bush's somersault in the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 02:45 PM   #17
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Bush's somersault in the game?

To tell ya the truth, I'm starting to doubt myself now. I know I saw a new animation, when it happened I was absolutely positive that he dove over the pile. Until I see it again, I'm going to assume I saw the John Elway animation.

But...I will keep trying to find the jump over the pile animation...I'll probably go crazy doing it. Hopefully someone else can affirm that it's in the game.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:04 PM   #18
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

It could be that we are both right because when I saw my qb dive like that he didnt dive like the normal lay down dive from the past years, he actually got some air, but in mid air he was hit and fumbled. Maybe you did the same thing as me, but your player did not get hit. The reason I knew it was a new animation was because in previous years players didnt jump up when they dive they never dive up and out, just seem to lay down. Overall maybe we saw the same animation, I saw it with contact and you saw the dive without contact. Just let me know if you anything.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:30 PM   #19
lav
Rookie

Okay, I've seen the animation again. This is what I've done. It doesn't happen every time, but I've had it happen another 3-4 times out of 15-20 attempts. I think it may have something to do with what the defender is doing when I dive.

1. I entered practice mode. (Mich. vs. Mich. for what it's worth)
2. Chose Offense: Goal line : HB Iso
3. Chose Defense: Goal line: Slant Blitz
4. Tried to dive over one of the blitzers as they were diving at my legs.
5. The result was a more vertical dive. Unfortunately I was not able to gain a lot of distance forward. It kind of looks like a somersault.

Let me know if you have any luck with it.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #20
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Ok I will when I get home,was there any contact when you did it?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Any new info about this possible new animation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 04:45 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have done this with a non-impact player (Tre Smith of AU) and it was pretty cool except I got hit in midair and I didn't get the first down. There was a player on the ground in front of me when I hit the dive button and he did the flip.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:51 PM   #23
lav
Rookie

Not sure how much contact there was. If there was any it was head-on as I was starting my dive. I know the animation did not begin because I was hit mid-air. So, maybe there are two new animations.

I used to play on a ps2, and I know I could save replays on it. I have 2006 for the XBOX, and I was wondering if I could save replays on XBOX. I've only had my XBOX for about 3 weeks. If I can save replays maybe I could post one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »