Home

Slowdown on XBox?

This is a discussion on Slowdown on XBox? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 09:57 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Slowdown on XBox?

I also play as Texas A&M and have the box, and I too notice slowdown on occasion. I wouldn't say on 50% of my plays, but definitely in congested running plays up the middle, or on fumble scrambles, punt returns and kick returns.

The bigger stadiums seem to have more slowdown, and since Kyle is a pretty big stadium in the game....hence more slowdown. Trust me, I've played in some of the smaller stadiums (Baylor/SMU/etc), and the slowdown is almost non-existent.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:01 AM   #10
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

I heard turning off the impact player animation and screen shake option helps take away alot of this slowdown people are having.

ANyone know any truth to that?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #11
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I haven't seen a lick of slowdown yet. I also vacuumed my Xbox right before I got NCAA so it'll run smoother.
Can anyone out there--a console/hardware expert, or what not--confirm if this may be the reason why so many people experience slowdown on XBOX while others don't?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 10:14 AM   #12
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Can anyone out there--a console/hardware expert, or what not--confirm if this may be the reason why so many people experience slowdown on XBOX while others don't?

LOL, I do not reccommend doing this. This is just my last resort outta frustration. My Xbox is old (April '02) and I've logged so many hours on it and beat the piss outta it. It went through four years of college, had beer, milk and water spilled on it. I never dusted it or did anything to clean it or take care of it.

Finally this summer it started freezing/shutting off like crazy. MVP would freeze a ton. Last night it froze 3 times in my UConn/Northeastern game, so I got really heated cause I wanted to play. So I went out to my garage, got my diesel car vacuum cleaner and vacuumed the whole outside, opened the tray, vacuumed what I could out of there, then put the vacuum in reverse to blow out air and shot that into the inside through the tray hook.

I played 4 straight hours after that w.o freezing and the game seemed to run smoother and the load times seemed to be a lil bit quicker. There coulda been like a 1/2 inch of dust inside my system, who knows.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-14-2005, 11:11 AM   #13
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
LOL, I do not reccommend doing this. This is just my last resort outta frustration. My Xbox is old (April '02) and I've logged so many hours on it and beat the piss outta it. It went through four years of college, had beer, milk and water spilled on it. I never dusted it or did anything to clean it or take care of it.

Finally this summer it started freezing/shutting off like crazy. MVP would freeze a ton. Last night it froze 3 times in my UConn/Northeastern game, so I got really heated cause I wanted to play. So I went out to my garage, got my diesel car vacuum cleaner and vacuumed the whole outside, opened the tray, vacuumed what I could out of there, then put the vacuum in reverse to blow out air and shot that into the inside through the tray hook.

I played 4 straight hours after that w.o freezing and the game seemed to run smoother and the load times seemed to be a lil bit quicker. There coulda been like a 1/2 inch of dust inside my system, who knows.
Just to let you guys know using a vacuum on something like your xbox,ps2,pc may fry it. Whether youre sucking air or blowing air through the machine. This is due to static electricity from the vacuum being delivered to your console's components therefore in some cases frying them. Happened to me last summer with my xbox...Guy at a tech place told me I fried my box and wanted to know If i had moded it or anything. I told him I used a vacuum to remove the dust that had consumed the box and he told me the same thing I said above.

Just thought I'd let you all know.
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 07-14-2005, 12:11 PM   #14
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

1. I haven't noticed any slowdown, not even during cutscenes, and I have a launch Xbox.

2. It will take sometime to get used to the Xbox controller, but I don't think it will be a hard transition.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:18 PM   #15
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDufresne
I've had a PS2 for years and never thought I would have the need to buy an XBox (at least until the next generation comes out). However, I'm noticing significant slowdown on probably 50% of my plays. I've only played at Kyle Field, so that could be part of the problem --- but it's still unacceptable for EA to release this to production.

I'm considering buying an XBox. My questions:

1) Has anyone at all noticed a slowdown on XBox this year for 2006?

2) For others who've "migrated" from PS2 to XBox, how hard was it adjusting to the new controller?

Thanks...
I've played about 13 games so far with 0 slowdown.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 12:21 PM   #16
Rookie

chadmjkrause's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDufresne
I've had a PS2 for years and never thought I would have the need to buy an XBox (at least until the next generation comes out). However, I'm noticing significant slowdown on probably 50% of my plays. I've only played at Kyle Field, so that could be part of the problem --- but it's still unacceptable for EA to release this to production.

I'm considering buying an XBox. My questions:

1) Has anyone at all noticed a slowdown on XBox this year for 2006?

2) For others who've "migrated" from PS2 to XBox, how hard was it adjusting to the new controller?

Thanks...

1. Haven't noticed any slowdown at all
2. Pretty easy. I actually can't stand PS-2 now. Just make sure you're using the Controller-S (The smaller one.)

CMJK

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »