Home

Defense question...

This is a discussion on Defense question... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 08:52 AM   #1
Jag
Rookie

OVR: 2
Defense question...

The CPU runs a lot better this year. LSU's RB got over 200yds on me. I'm finding out my little tricks in previous games are not working. In Previous games the rushing total would be negative yardages. What are some success plays that is working for you guys. I've tried 4-3, 3-4, and 4-4.

4-4 works pretty good against the run, but the CPU passes well on that one.

Also, I'm having problems getting to the QB. Got any good plays to get heavy pressure on the QB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 09:09 AM   #2
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Defense question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
The CPU runs a lot better this year. LSU's RB got over 200yds on me. I'm finding out my little tricks in previous games are not working. In Previous games the rushing total would be negative yardages. What are some success plays that is working for you guys. I've tried 4-3, 3-4, and 4-4.

4-4 works pretty good against the run, but the CPU passes well on that one.

Also, I'm having problems getting to the QB. Got any good plays to get heavy pressure on the QB?
Run blitzes (careful, you could get burned running it all the time) and of course you can decrease the CPU line blocking (pass) on the sliders.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #3
Jag
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Run blitzes (careful, you could get burned running it all the time) and of course you can decrease the CPU line blocking (pass) on the sliders.
I do run blitzes but someone always picks me up. Is there a particular one that is better than the other?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:16 PM   #4
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
I do run blitzes but someone always picks me up. Is there a particular one that is better than the other?
I prefer OLB's blitzing and run more zone than man to man (especially in passing situations) Look at your strengths on D. If you have a quality OLB then look at using him. Especially if he has good speed and acceleration. I shift my line a lot and constanty move my DT around (I mainly start my control with a DL and switch accordingly to who has the most pressure.) Also look at the various D plays. Using a nickel and dime is better suited to passing (dime especially) but they are weaker when it comes time for the run. Plays with a 2 designate good D on short pass plays, 3 means middle range and 4 is for long range. So if it's third and 3 I probably wouldn't be running a dime 4 play. Hope this helps...
Old 07-14-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Well anytime you run the 4-4 and put 8 in the box like that it will be easier to throw on you. I suggest run the 4-4 with a blitz package and take a chance on a first down, because if you do get the sack then it is second and long and can drop back to 3-4, nickel or even dime.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »