Home

Defense question...

This is a discussion on Defense question... within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 08:52 AM   #1
Jag
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2002
Defense question...

The CPU runs a lot better this year. LSU's RB got over 200yds on me. I'm finding out my little tricks in previous games are not working. In Previous games the rushing total would be negative yardages. What are some success plays that is working for you guys. I've tried 4-3, 3-4, and 4-4.

4-4 works pretty good against the run, but the CPU passes well on that one.

Also, I'm having problems getting to the QB. Got any good plays to get heavy pressure on the QB?
Jag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 09:09 AM   #2
Banned
 
Bobolini's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cville, Va
Re: Defense question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
The CPU runs a lot better this year. LSU's RB got over 200yds on me. I'm finding out my little tricks in previous games are not working. In Previous games the rushing total would be negative yardages. What are some success plays that is working for you guys. I've tried 4-3, 3-4, and 4-4.

4-4 works pretty good against the run, but the CPU passes well on that one.

Also, I'm having problems getting to the QB. Got any good plays to get heavy pressure on the QB?
Run blitzes (careful, you could get burned running it all the time) and of course you can decrease the CPU line blocking (pass) on the sliders.
Bobolini is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #3
Jag
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Defense question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Run blitzes (careful, you could get burned running it all the time) and of course you can decrease the CPU line blocking (pass) on the sliders.
I do run blitzes but someone always picks me up. Is there a particular one that is better than the other?
Jag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:16 PM   #4
Banned
 
Bobolini's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cville, Va
Re: Defense question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
I do run blitzes but someone always picks me up. Is there a particular one that is better than the other?
I prefer OLB's blitzing and run more zone than man to man (especially in passing situations) Look at your strengths on D. If you have a quality OLB then look at using him. Especially if he has good speed and acceleration. I shift my line a lot and constanty move my DT around (I mainly start my control with a DL and switch accordingly to who has the most pressure.) Also look at the various D plays. Using a nickel and dime is better suited to passing (dime especially) but they are weaker when it comes time for the run. Plays with a 2 designate good D on short pass plays, 3 means middle range and 4 is for long range. So if it's third and 3 I probably wouldn't be running a dime 4 play. Hope this helps...
Bobolini is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
Moderator
 
Aggies7's Arena
 
OVR: 39
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,558
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Defense question...

Well anytime you run the 4-4 and put 8 in the box like that it will be easier to throw on you. I suggest run the 4-4 with a blitz package and take a chance on a first down, because if you do get the sack then it is second and long and can drop back to 3-4, nickel or even dime.
Aggies7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Top -