Home

Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread

This is a discussion on Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #25
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread

I have a terrible passing game. Same as last year. Same as '04. Same as every football game I've ever played. I've never been able to have a good passing game, I flat out stink at trying to read where to pass. I think I also hit the buttons harder than I think I am. In any case, I always have to resign myself to the fact that I will never get realistic passing numbers, no matter how well the game itself is put together. I do think there are still a tad too many open drops, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #26
Rookie

Jokerace's Arena

OVR: 2

I am in the same boat as a LOT of you.

I am using AA sliders (SN'S), I have tried "lobbing", "bulleting", "Mid-Range" passes, All to no avail.

I am lucky if I can complete 48% of my passes and get less than 12 drops a game. And all that is with A-B teams.

Also my TD/INT ratio is about 1/7. I know it must be me and that I suck, but even last year (with all the drops in the game), I never played this bad, passing.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:12 PM   #27
MVP

ESPNdeportes's Arena

OVR: 13

I've played 5 games or so- been between 50-60% each game- I'm pretty happy with those results. I've used Ohio State twice, LSU, Florida, and FSU.

PSN: raginrapids
Old 07-14-2005, 10:23 PM   #28
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

I've been struggling with the passing game lately, til tonight. I really opened my running game up, and slowly began throwing some passes with touch for success.

Try making sure your QB's feet are set, and don't throw the ball too hard. I must of practiced a good hour and a half after work today. And it seemed to pay off online.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #29
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Ditto.

You know whats funny is i never had problems with '05 and my wide recievers inability to catch the ball.
When I here this, I'm almost convinced some of us have different games.

Because I couldn't get through a series without a dropped pass.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:33 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 11

Not having the pass drops as much.

Not sure why there is such a mixed reactions, when you guys throw to the WR, are they rattled? Because if they are then that may be the reason as to why they are dropping open passes.

I get it every now and then though, not enough to form a complaint.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:35 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
Wow, somebody sees the light. What a concept. Notice I made no comments about age. I made a comment that it seems the OS veterans--whose opinion is valued and respected on this board---are having more fun with this game than the newbies.

Just an observation.
There you go again, calling newbies. Whatever. Get over it.
The thing is, if I cant complete pass's, then I start giving it to my running back 40 times a game, and running with my QB 15 times. I started a game 0-11!!! I think they need to take the passing game from madden and put it in NCAA. I know, know, madden has professional players, but those players came from a college, and they learned to catch and throw the ball there. They didnt learn to catch a ball in the NFL. Cause with madden, i can throw it to an open reciever, and I am 99% confident he will catch the ball, and I think of when to turn it up field. With NCAA, I am 1% confident, hold my breath, pray to god, and hope that he will catch the ball. Once he actually catches it, after being amazed and shocked, I go upfield. I celebrate more for a 2yr completion then a 50yrd TD Bomb down the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 10:44 PM   #32
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

I can honestly say I'm not having problems with drops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »