Home

Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread

This is a discussion on Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread

I dont know how well this thread will do, but if you are like me, and get 10 drops a game, or your QB completion percentage is under %50 all the time, post it here. I have played 4 games, and my best reciever, 96 Overal, 98 Catching Ability, and he leads the nation in dropped balls with 11. The next closest guy is 3. I have a 90 Overal QB, with his accuracy at 90. He threw 7 INTS in one game. He has a 42% completion percentage. He leads recievers by like a mile, or throws the ball no where near the reciever. I have the sliders for QB accuracy like 80, and WR Catchin at 80, and they are stil garbage. I take control of the reciever, and I press "Y" to user catch, and I get like 3 user catchs a game, the rest of the time they just catch it, but mostly drop the ball. So if your WR's hands are made of stone, your WR couldnt catch a cold, or your WR plays like a pop-warner ******** kid, say it here. If your QB throws like he is stevie wonder, or if your QB completes as many pass's as Ryan Leaf, say it here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 10:41 AM   #2
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeair042
I dont know how well this thread will do, but if you are like me, and get 10 drops a game, or your QB completion percentage is under %50 all the time, post it here. I have played 4 games, and my best reciever, 96 Overal, 98 Catching Ability, and he leads the nation in dropped balls with 11. The next closest guy is 3. I have a 90 Overal QB, with his accuracy at 90. He threw 7 INTS in one game. He has a 42% completion percentage. He leads recievers by like a mile, or throws the ball no where near the reciever. I have the sliders for QB accuracy like 80, and WR Catchin at 80, and they are stil garbage. I take control of the reciever, and I press "Y" to user catch, and I get like 3 user catchs a game, the rest of the time they just catch it, but mostly drop the ball. So if your WR's hands are made of stone, your WR couldnt catch a cold, or your WR plays like a pop-warner ******** kid, say it here. If your QB throws like he is stevie wonder, or if your QB completes as many pass's as Ryan Leaf, say it here.
Ditto.

You know whats funny is i never had problems with '05 and my wide recievers inability to catch the ball. Now '06 my best guy Jarret of SC dropped the ball 6 times against Washington and then 4 times against Washington St. the following week. He has a 92 cathing rating which makes me wonder.

There were 4 straight drops by him across the middle no one in sight and I wasn't lasering the ball to him. Matt Leinart is looking like he should have gone to the NFL with the stats hes putting up this season.

Matt Leinart in 10 games he has a paltry 2,323 yrds 23 TD's 14INT's 39% completition %
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 07-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I play on AA with heavily favored CPU sliders and the most picks I have thrown in the game were 3. They were all me not seeing the defender, as for drops I usually have 2 or 3 in an entire game. I think it's more of a user problem this year then the game just being horrible.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:09 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Are you sure you guys don't have NCAA 2005 in your PS2 or Xbox???!!! LOL, seriously i've got about 25 games on PS2 and about 5 on Xbox and I have not noticed this at all. I'm using Hawaii, Ohio State and SoMiss and never seen more than a couple dropped balls. Are you talking about wide open drops or drops where the guy is fairly well covered and it's thrown but not caught? The latter should probably not be caught if the guy is decently covered, that's just realistic..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #5
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I've played roughly 10 or so games so far have not had any issues with drops or int's for that matter.
I probably get 3 maybe 4 drops a game and 1 or 2 of those are dropped after they get hit when the ball gets there.

??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 11:19 AM   #6
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Are you sure you guys don't have NCAA 2005 in your PS2 or Xbox???!!! LOL, seriously i've got about 25 games on PS2 and about 5 on Xbox and I have not noticed this at all. I'm using Hawaii, Ohio State and SoMiss and never seen more than a couple dropped balls. Are you talking about wide open drops or drops where the guy is fairly well covered and it's thrown but not caught? The latter should probably not be caught if the guy is decently covered, that's just realistic..
out of the 9-10 I had the past 2 games with one reciever id say 5-6 were wide open over the middle. Led the reciever with a soft touch. In previous NCAA's including 2005 Id be on average 17-28 405 yrd 3 TD's a game and now im 6-28 179 yrds 1 TD 1INT a game. Maybe I should stop complaining and sit down and really try to figure out whats wrong with the drops or my QBing skills...I dont think the game is horrible. I may want to refresh my passing habits, but with past experiences in passing I would think my stats or dropped balls wouldnt be this horrible.

Any suggestions will be helpful
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings

Last edited by USCTrojan83; 07-14-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #7
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
out of the 9-10 I had the past 2 games with one reciever id say 5-6 were wide open over the middle. Led the reciever with a soft touch. In previous NCAA's including 2005 Id be on average 17-28 405 yrd 3 TD's a game and now im 6-28 179 yrds 1 TD 1INT a game. Maybe I should stop complaining and sit down and really try to figure out whats wrong with the drops or my QBing skills...

Any suggestions will be helpful
As much as I love throwing over the middle, there seems to be a problem with it in NCAA, (problem in 05 also). I would think it is easier to complete short passes over the middle than it is to launch 50 yard bombs in triple coverage, but in this game (and 05), it's not.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:26 AM   #8
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

You know, 2006's drops are weird, even though I haven't played all that much.

In the skeleton drill, playing with Michigan, my receivers dropped all but 1 ball. But, in playing a half with San Diego State, there were no drops. I didn't do anything different between the 2 modes, but it is a little strange.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »