Home

The Deep Ball!!!

This is a discussion on The Deep Ball!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
The Deep Ball!!!

I believe I know why people throw the deep ball as much as they do. I just finished watching a buddy of mine (western mich) play a game against ball st. and it made me kinda sick to my stomach. He completed 5 of 19 passes (under 30 yards) and completed 13 of 17 passes of 30 yards or more. It was sickening. I asked him why he keeps going deep and he told me that if it was 10 times easier to just throw deep then short and across the middle then why not do it. He says its the only way he can really complete passes and this was indeed true. Everytime he threw it short it was either knocked down or picked and when he went deep the CPU couldn't do anything. He ended up throwing for 7 TDs all on bombs. If short passes were easier to complete maybe people wouldn't throw deep as often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #2
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: The Deep Ball!!!

Ya know, the only problems I have with the deep ball is that the CPU throws it on me a lot

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
Rookie

His receiver also had 435 yards and 5 TDs...
Old 07-14-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
Rookie

The deep ball is a joke in this game.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I thought this was supposed to happen in the game with the hot / cold and confidence things that EA put in...

Now I'll be way impressed if this is the case over the course of a season, but big games happen. The best way to defend against the long ball is to get good at playing pass D as a corner or safety...I thought the new camera angles were supposed to help with that as well.

I'm not trying to defend the game at all because I haven't played it yet. I'm waiting till my birthday next month to get it. But this seems to always be the pattern year after year about the deep ball or running, or whatever feature. Someone has a big game and then says that's how the game is when in reality over a hundred games or so you dont see it as much especially on the higher AI skill levels....

Just give it some time and enjoy it while you can rape the AI because when you bump it up and adjust your difficulty to create a challenging game for yourself then you'll want to swap the settings back down a bit and remember fondly the 7 TD bomb passing day...

Also...it was WMU v Ball State...WMU has good passing and Ball state isn't known for its defense exactly...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 05:43 PM   #6
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

Bah, quit making excuses. The deep ball in this game is a joke and there's no fix, period. It's worse than it ever has been. Single coverage, auto completion damn near. Impact player, every time.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:01 PM   #7
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Online the deep ball is % wise to high when the coverage is there. 1 on 1 I dont have an issue with it thats how it works in real life. But if my impact saftey is there and 85 or better corners are in position and the WR catches it on a 75% clip or better than its a problem.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:14 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

This has been my biggest complaint with the series for years, but it doesn't seem that too many people complain about it.

To me, it is much more rewarding putting together a long drive of runs and short passes. But if it is the end of the game and I need to drive the length of the field in :30 seconds, there really isn't much choice. Then it just feels cheesy when the pass is completed.

I almost never through deep and try to convince myself that the problem doesn't exist, but it does kind of suck to always have in the back of my mind "The most effective stategy would really be to just throw deep every play".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »