Home

Reason behind backs being unstoppable?

This is a discussion on Reason behind backs being unstoppable? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5
Reason behind backs being unstoppable?

I think that the reason that backs are unstoppable are because I cant ever get off a block. My mind and hands are directing me to a spot to tackle, but the suction blocking won't let me. If anyone has a slider set or a possible solution for this, let me know. When you've got the ball, it's the same. Look at a replay and you'll see. Is there a slider set of the thousands on this board that addresses the suction blocking effectively. THAT will be my set!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 11:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Reason behind backs being unstoppable?

Suction blocking? Old school.

Let's call it Super Glue blocking!
My NCAA Football online forum lineage goes back to DaBirk and the ORIGINAL NCAA Strategies. I've been playing football video games since the Atari 400 -- in other words, probably before YOU WERE BORN! I am old-school.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:18 PM   #3
DH7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree - I have watched replay after replay of my guys being unable to shed a block while a quick HB busts it for a long TD. I took down the CPU run blocking and that seems to have helped a bit.

PS - Razorbacker, did you used to be at a forum called ncaastrategies.com? I was a casual poster at that website (which had a good forum), and remember that name. If you were, do you know what happened to that site?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:22 PM   #4
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

. . . in that case can anyone recommend a set of sliders that deals with this issue. Perhaps increasing human BB would work but how would that affect the computer's pass block?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:15 AM   #5
Rookie

buckeye726's Arena

OVR: 2

also the safties dont recognize the run at all! The back turns the corner and the FS strafes and additional 5 steps!! By then the back is 5 yards down the field with the glue blocking!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 07:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OSURules's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye726
also the safties dont recognize the run at all! The back turns the corner and the FS strafes and additional 5 steps!! By then the back is 5 yards down the field with the glue blocking!!
That is the thing that kills me everytime. I can have my LBs try to make the play at the corner, but if they don't the DBs have no clue and it is easily a 20 yd gain.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:54 AM   #7
Rookie

ecantona99's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye726
I wonder would it help to turn up the awareness sliders?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:15 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I usually don't post but I have read alot about people not liking the running game. I think the running game is balance I think some games you will be better than others and sometimes the CPU will be better than you; for example, My roommate my brother and I started a dynasty. My first game I played FSU, I am Miami. I ran for 135 yds on about 22 carries with T. Moss. Washington of FSU ran for about 207 on 24 carries. The right side of my D-LINE compared to the left side of their O-Line was a major mismatch in their favor. My second DT's strength was an 80 and Carroll's is around the same. The CPU I guess knew this and ran to that side. Then I flipped Harris to the opposite side and they just ran back to the other side. I then started to but 8 and 9 in the box, so they passed on me out of playaction, I started to stop that, then they went 4 wide and ran draws, and direct snaps on me. All of those yards and I still won 24-21 with a GW kick as time expired. My next game I played Clemson, their tailback is okay, but I completely shut them down because it was a better matchup for my d-line. On the other hand I ran the ball 27 times for 337 because their line sucked. I beat the hell out of Clemson. The running game is much more realistic to me it goes by game and matchup. I thought it was a fluke that Washington had that many yards on me, the next week I look at the POTW and he ran another 22 times for 237. If you think running is too easy, go play TEXAS, OU, or Ohio State, on Heisman, and see what you think than.

Upon further investigation, I have noticed that I stop the run much better in zone coverage than in man, especially with DB's. When in man the CB's run with the WR's but in zone they react to the ball a lot better. I got crushed in th run game versus FSU, but I just played a Play Now game against Texas and really put a stop to Young and Young, but they stopped me too 22 carries for 97yds

Last edited by M~Easy27; 07-15-2005 at 10:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »